Which 43" TV should I get.

Posted 28th Jan
Have been looking for a new TV the last few days. Was all set to order a 50" last night but measured our stand and the corner where it will go and agreed with my wife that we can't go any bigger than a 43"

I have narrowed it down to these 2 and wanted opinions on which one to get .... Or any other suggestions (ideally wanted Freesat ... but not a deal-breaker).

LG 43UM7400PLB from Richer Sounds for £319 using "TV10" code.
richersounds.com/tv-…tml
Obvious benefit being their 6 year guarantee

Or
Samsung UE43RU7400 from Very for £287 using by now pay later with 20% cashback.
very.co.uk/sam…BwE
Benefit being it is cheaper, seems more of a bargain and can be paid in monthly installments over a few months.... But only 1 year warranty.

Which TV is better (I am struggling to find any real difference) and which deal would you go for ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
I've got the 49 version of the LG I only got it after Christmas but up to now I can't fault it.
In general on the cheaper model TVs like these the Samsung are better picture, but on the higher models with OLED you can’t best LG...
Go for the LG with 6 year warranty at Richer Sounds. I got the 65" version of this Black Friday and really pleased with it. You can also buy the 'Magic Remote' from Argos to voice control this TV (£25).argos.co.uk/pro….ds
Edited by: "yorkie12" 28th Jan
google.co.uk/amp…tvs
same as the Samsung above but slightly different cosmetically...

people will always recommend what they have and not the best option. Best looking at independent review sites..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 28th Jan
Think I would prefer one of the Samsung's but the price seems to be significantly higher for very little gain... Unless I forget the warranty and buy one from Very!
The 6 year guarantee is what is swaying me to the LG from Richer Sounds.
Bargainhead28/01/2020 10:34

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.whathifi.com/amp/best-buys/best-budget-tvs-2019-the-best-cheap-4k-tvssame as the Samsung above but slightly different cosmetically...people will always recommend what they have and not the best option. Best looking at independent review sites..

Isn't that the idea ? Getting the opinion of someone who has actually watched the TV for weeks in their home viewing a variety of subject matter?
yorkie1228/01/2020 12:25

Isn't that the idea ? Getting the opinion of someone who has … Isn't that the idea ? Getting the opinion of someone who has actually watched the TV for weeks in their home viewing a variety of subject matter?

But that person only sees the tv they bought and can’t compare to other makes and models, when people buy a tv like these in this price range they think there awesome in reality the TVs are pretty rubbish even for the good makes, most people buy a product and think it’s great. If they researched from independent sites what compare different models under different conditions you get a independent view.
LG's WebOS is also the best tv OS imo, although Samsung interface is similar.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 28th Jan
Bargainhead28/01/2020 13:38

But that person only sees the tv they bought and can’t compare to other m …But that person only sees the tv they bought and can’t compare to other makes and models, when people buy a tv like these in this price range they think there awesome in reality the TVs are pretty rubbish even for the good makes, most people buy a product and think it’s great. If they researched from independent sites what compare different models under different conditions you get a independent view.

I think you are being a little pompous here, you are virtually saying that most people wouldn't know a good tv if it hit them in the face. Presume you are the exception. Personally I went to look at several makes of tv before deciding and taking budget into account too. In similar price brackets are subtle differences that can often only be seen doing lab tests worth paying a premium for? I also own a 3 year old Panasonic 55" 4k tv and can definitely say the LG is an improvement on that IMO.
Just waiting a call back from Richer Sounds about possible price match on the Samsung... Don't think they can beat the Very price but if it is close to the price of the LG then I might go with the Samsung
yorkie1228/01/2020 13:53

I think you are being a little pompous here, you are virtually saying that …I think you are being a little pompous here, you are virtually saying that most people wouldn't know a good tv if it hit them in the face. Presume you are the exception. Personally I went to look at several makes of tv before deciding and taking budget into account too. In similar price brackets are subtle differences that can often only be seen doing lab tests worth paying a premium for? I also own a 3 year old Panasonic 55" 4k tv and can definitely say the LG is an improvement on that IMO.

That’s why I said use independent review sites.. everyone thinks there’s is the best option, taking price into consideration... but people are loyal to brands some swear by LG others Samsung and Sony so on so on.. that’s not good advice..
Bargainhead28/01/2020 15:48

That’s why I said use independent review sites.. everyone thinks there’s is …That’s why I said use independent review sites.. everyone thinks there’s is the best option, taking price into consideration... but people are loyal to brands some swear by LG others Samsung and Sony so on so on.. that’s not good advice..

Even the independent review sites don't all come to the same conclusions and you can get a right headache with all the technical specs. I just prefer to do some home work and narrow the field down then nip into Curry's or in my case JL too and take a look. You don't buy a TV that often so choose wisely as you'll be watching it for a few years is my thinking.
yorkie1228/01/2020 17:01

Even the independent review sites don't all come to the same conclusions …Even the independent review sites don't all come to the same conclusions and you can get a right headache with all the technical specs. I just prefer to do some home work and narrow the field down then nip into Curry's or in my case JL too and take a look. You don't buy a TV that often so choose wisely as you'll be watching it for a few years is my thinking.

Your right, but asking on here people will only recommend what they bought, most don’t research and go on price or stick to the same make...but your statement before was correct, I think at least 90% of people wouldn’t know a good tv if it hit them in the face..

take op they have decided on 2 TVs which was probably narrowed down on size, price, brand... now they ask on here and someone else recommends one they bought and never researched. You end up with more people buying TVs what don’t have a clue..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants