Which 50" 4K Tv to go for?

Posted 10th MayEdited by:"max99"
Been doing hours of research but still confused as to the best 50" TV to go for? I'm seeing Hisense said to be a good option but unsure.

Main use will be Netflix, iPlayer, TV, movies and xbox gaming.

I'd typically go on Amazon but most out of stock...are any of these on JL any good? johnlewis.com/sea…ity

Budget £400. It's going into a smallish flat so 50" is max size.

I've now been tempted by the Philips Ambilight 50PUS8204
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I'd recommend going for the Samsung 50RU7400 or 59RU7479. I'm using a 50 inch pretty thin Hisense and the colour isn't accurate or attractive despite adjusting and the interface is awful compared to Samsung. I also have two other Samsung's one's a 50 and another 65 QLED/SUHD and they are a country mile better than the Hisense, in both picture quality, sound and interface.
First question you need to ask yourself is why do you want a small television? A 50" might be fine for the kitchen or bathroom but if it's your main television I would be looking at 65" minimum.
666FU10/05/2020 22:56

First question you need to ask yourself is why do you want a small …First question you need to ask yourself is why do you want a small television? A 50" might be fine for the kitchen or bathroom but if it's your main television I would be looking at 65" minimum.

Space? Affordability?
Listen to the first comment.
I have two toshiba TVs 49” and 55” can’t fault either of them for quality. I use mine to hook up my MacBook and use prime. Never had an issue and easy to use interface
Id go for the Hisense H50B7500UK, it has been on sale a few times around £310
Hisense is equally as good as all the other brands equivalent tv but a good 10/20% cheaper so I’ve had hisense for maybe 3 of my house’s last 5 TVs. I looked at all the brands for a cheap 65” 4k tv and got the hisense for £430a few months ago, I would of have to pay £650+ for a better 65” and for that I could of gotten an even better hisense so it was a no brainier.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions