Which 65" tv

Found 25th Nov 2017
Would you go for the sj850, sj950, mu7000, mu8000, xe9005 etc in the £1200-1500 range? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
have the samsung mu7000. excellent t.v. and is hdr 10
The Sony is the only one that would be UHD Premium Certified Sony don't use the certification but if they did it would meet the criteria.
Original Poster
gazman0909705 m ago

The Sony is the only one that would be UHD Premium Certified Sony don't …The Sony is the only one that would be UHD Premium Certified Sony don't use the certification but if they did it would meet the criteria.

That's what I was thinking. Many sites list the MU8000 as premium, but Samsung don't. LG 950 does Dolby Vision though
MIDURIX19 m ago

That's what I was thinking. Many sites list the MU8000 as premium, but …That's what I was thinking. Many sites list the MU8000 as premium, but Samsung don't. LG 950 does Dolby Vision though

The colour gamut on the SJ950 is great. Much larger than Samsung's QLEDs in the full HDR range (although it doesn't cover as much of DCI-P3).

The trouble is, it's an IPS panel and the local dimming is pants so it just doesn't have the on screen brightness range. I'd be surprised if it even matched a standard VA panel in a lot of scenes.

The XE90 has a decent colour gamut combined with a good native contrast and 45 dimming zones, which means it can futher increase contrast without having to light up entire columns of the screen - unlike the other four.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants