Which 65" TV?

Posted 13th Jul 2020
Ordered "PHILIPS Ambilight 65PUS6754" a week ago, its out of stock so I'm looking for a replacement ? any ideas of similar spec etc..

thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Research review sites, the amount of times I’ve seen people ask advice on here and people recommend what they got is unbelievable, people get something new and think it’s awesome but really it’s mediocre compared to decent products...
Sony OLED
Bargainhead13/07/2020 12:56

Research review sites, the amount of times I’ve seen people ask advice on h …Research review sites, the amount of times I’ve seen people ask advice on here and people recommend what they got is unbelievable, people get something new and think it’s awesome but really it’s mediocre compared to decent products...

So you're saying that no one on here is capable of judging if their own TV is any good and we all need an expert to tell us what we'd like ? It's easy for someone to say a top specification TV costing over a thousand pounds is good and I'd expect it to be so for that kind of money , but how much better is it than one that costs half the price? and is it really worth the extra? "Unbelievable"
Edited by: "yorkie12" 13th Jul
yorkie1213/07/2020 17:31

So you're saying that no one on here is capable of judging if their own TV …So you're saying that no one on here is capable of judging if their own TV is any good and we all need an expert to tell us what we'd like ? It's easy for someone to say a top specification TV costing over a thousand pounds is good and I'd expect it to be so for that kind of money , but how much better is it than one that costs half the price? and is it really worth the extra? "Unbelievable"

if the cap fits, but review sites dont just do the most expensive, they review most price ranges so op can see whats the best option in there price range. unlike the person who pays £199 for a 42" tv and thinks its great because it says 4k then sits that far away they cant see the diffrence 4k makes for example..
Bargainhead13/07/2020 18:01

if the cap fits, but review sites dont just do the most expensive, they …if the cap fits, but review sites dont just do the most expensive, they review most price ranges so op can see whats the best option in there price range. unlike the person who pays £199 for a 42" tv and thinks its great because it says 4k then sits that far away they cant see the diffrence 4k makes for example..

But most of us aren't recommending £199 TVs are we! More middle of the road LG's , Samsungs, etc. that we have actually been watching in our home. Personally when I'm in market for a new TV I gather as much information as I can and then go and look at a few . If I think the picture on a £500 TV isn't noticeably different to a £800 one and most aren't IMO ,then I go for the £500. I know the £1000 plus ones have a better picture but I can't afford that anyway and the picture isn't twice as good.
yorkie1213/07/2020 19:10

But most of us aren't recommending £199 TVs are we! More middle of the …But most of us aren't recommending £199 TVs are we! More middle of the road LG's , Samsungs, etc. that we have actually been watching in our home. Personally when I'm in market for a new TV I gather as much information as I can and then go and look at a few . If I think the picture on a £500 TV isn't noticeably different to a £800 one and most aren't IMO ,then I go for the £500. I know the £1000 plus ones have a better picture but I can't afford that anyway and the picture isn't twice as good.

so you did your research, thats what i'm saying op should do, how many recomend samsungs and lg on the name alone and then say what model number it is and you have to lol at them they bought bottom of the range just beacause of the name and not the features or spec of the tv.

no ones recomened a samsung or lg in this post, i've seen phillips and sony..

i'm going on what i see, it's up to you how you take and i stand by what i say. you should research for yourself..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 13th Jul
Bargainhead13/07/2020 20:03

so you did your research, thats what i'm saying op should do, how many …so you did your research, thats what i'm saying op should do, how many recomend samsungs and lg on the name alone and then say what model number it is and you have to lol at them they bought bottom of the range just beacause of the name and not the features or spec of the tv.no ones recomened a samsung or lg in this post, i've seen phillips and sony.. i'm going on what i see, it's up to you how you take and i stand by what i say. you should research for yourself..

I understand what you are saying. People will always try to justify their decisions and purchases to make themselves feel better about what they bought and avoid buyers regret.

And if that person has only viewed the TV they bought, they have no real comparison on other available TV's to truly see how it compares.

So when you ask for advice here. You're not often getting advice, just people telling you what they bought.
RYANdeals13/07/2020 20:41

I understand what you are saying. People will always try to justify their …I understand what you are saying. People will always try to justify their decisions and purchases to make themselves feel better about what they bought and avoid buyers regret. And if that person has only viewed the TV they bought, they have no real comparison on other available TV's to truly see how it compares.So when you ask for advice here. You're not often getting advice, just people telling you what they bought.

Thank you, you explained it better than I did..
That Philips is now last years model. new model out vary soon.
£650 from RS with 6 years warranty
richersounds.com/tv-…tml
adamderak14/07/2020 00:04

That Philips is now last years model. new model out vary soon. £650 from …That Philips is now last years model. new model out vary soon. £650 from RS with 6 years warrantyhttps://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/philips-65pus7805.html

How soon do u reckon ?
keithmartin66614/07/2020 01:01

How soon do u reckon ?

Mid August but I'm not sure that price is right. It's €830-860 in Europe.
How do people compare pictures qualities in store as most TV plays back retail demo clip and not true picture you'll be watching at home
rimalpatel00714/07/2020 13:17

How do people compare pictures qualities in store as most TV plays back …How do people compare pictures qualities in store as most TV plays back retail demo clip and not true picture you'll be watching at home

Under lighting conditions unlike home and at distances they wouldn't be at home.
Post a comment
@
    Text