Which 7 seater should I buy for £10K?

Posted 29th FebEdited by:"MadeDixonsCry"
Hi all.

I'm in the market for a 7 seater car. I will be doing about 60 motorway miles every day.

My budget is £10 but I could stretch to 13 for the right model.

I've seen many 2016 Toyota Verso in this budget (30K mileage) which means it has over a year warranty left.

Also seen 2017 kia Carens which means it has at least 4 years warranty left.

I like the look of the Prius Plus but 2016 ones are all at least £17K which is easy over my budget.

I'm open to suggestions but I am under the impression that Japanese cars are more reliable long term, and I'm looking to keep it.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

25 Comments
Buy the best you can find at 8k and put the other 2k away for repairs.
justanothercid29/02/2020 22:38

Buy the best you can find at 8k and put the other 2k away for repairs.

Even if it comes with a year manufacturer warranty?
I’ve got a Peugeot 5008 1.6 bluehdi 120hp auto.
On a 350 mile round trip, 60 miles on local roads and 290 miles on motorways I get 50 + mpg.
Its a 66 plate and road tax is £30.
10k would get you a good low mileage one.
MadeDixonsCry29/02/2020 22:41

Yes if you are lucky you will never need much of the money for the first few years.
Wongy11029/02/2020 22:57

http://www.quirksee.org/2013/08/05/seattle-dutch-bike-rare-7-seater-conference-bike-with-inhibition-lowering-effect-eric-staller/

Nice one haha, what do you do when it rains?

bigwheels29/02/2020 22:45

I’ve got a Peugeot 5008 1.6 bluehdi 120hp auto.On a 350 mile round trip, 6 …I’ve got a Peugeot 5008 1.6 bluehdi 120hp auto.On a 350 mile round trip, 60 miles on local roads and 290 miles on motorways I get 50 + mpg.Its a 66 plate and road tax is £30.10k would get you a good low mileage one.

Hmm, carbuyer.com says 38% of owners would recommend to others in comparison to 61% of Toyota Verso owners.
MadeDixonsCry29/02/2020 23:01

Nice one haha, what do you do when it rains? Hmm, carbuyer.com …Nice one haha, what do you do when it rains? Hmm, carbuyer.com says 38% of owners would recommend to others in comparison to 61% of Toyota Verso owners.

Waterproofs
In fact I hate them but used yesterday and worked great
Ford galaxy, great family car
I am looking as well now, I am probably going to go for a x-trail 69 plate..
I've personally got a Zafira Tourer 1.6 cdti ecoflex, Techline.

£20 a year road tax, mixture of driving get 46mpg. Would easily much better economy on long distance etc..

Got 110k on it, had to have clutch and dmf done at 105k at a cost of £900 but other than that it's been reliable.

Got most the bells and whistles on mine etc.. Not the most refined or well built but OK, drives nice enough etc even on long journeys. Not as nice to drive as my previous car though. An older Ford Smax but the newer ones are twice as much as my Zafira was.
The kia are cracking cars and the warranty is a massive bonus, the only thing is make sure you service it with kia specific parts and oils etc but that can be done with any garage the good garages will know what your doing and make sure the service book is stamped, and if your doing 60 miles a day 8 would look at low sized eco diesel engine, I average 50mpg in a 1.6, the missus does 60mpg in a 1.4
Edited by: "Douglas_Birks" 1st Mar
I would choose Kia over a galaxy.
Having had a galaxy for a few years I loved the space and cubby holes but the drive and maintenance was a pain. The car would regularly just cut out while driving, and taken it to ford and other garages and they could’nt get diags on it. Speaking to colleagues who also had fords of similar age and engines like the smax /xmax had the exact same problems with no formal diagnostics...I would personally stay away from the 2nd gen ford. But that’s just my personal experience and opinion.
Got a Kia now and love it, the warranty comes in handy for certain things but near in mine it would cover wear and tear.
Read the terms carefully as it depends on not just on age of car, other terms like mileages etc also affect it.

Good luck on your search.
Edited by: "Tea_minion" 1st Mar
BenLynos01/03/2020 01:11

I am looking as well now, I am probably going to go for a x-trail 69 …I am looking as well now, I am probably going to go for a x-trail 69 plate..

Not for 10k you won't, or even 17k!
Citroen C4 grand picasso.
Given the cars you're looking at I'm guessing the third row of seats is strictly for occasional use by children and not something that needs to be comfortable for those sixty daily miles?
EndlessWaves01/03/2020 10:27

Given the cars you're looking at I'm guessing the third row of seats is …Given the cars you're looking at I'm guessing the third row of seats is strictly for occasional use by children and not something that needs to be comfortable for those sixty daily miles?

Yes. They are for occasional use. The adults that would be using the 3Rd row have tried the Verso 3Rd row and they are fine with the comfort level.
A budget of £10 would have to be a bike I think
Bandicoot01/03/2020 11:09

A budget of £10 would have to be a bike I think

A bike was already posted
Also op maybe see if there is a 7 seater hyundai, they come with a 5 year warranty and are very similar to kia with parts and build quality
Douglas_Birks01/03/2020 12:00

Also op maybe see if there is a 7 seater hyundai, they come with a 5 year …Also op maybe see if there is a 7 seater hyundai, they come with a 5 year warranty and are very similar to kia with parts and build quality

Thanks, but should I pick hyundai over Toyota (if mileage and specs are equivalent)?
With the 5 year warranty I would say yes... But what I like may not be what you like... Its totally your choice
Dyslexic_Dog01/03/2020 09:50

Not for 10k you won't, or even 17k!

Fella, your not looking hard enough, look on autotrader, I have just seen a 2015 model 11k!!!!!!
BenLynos01/03/2020 15:28

Fella, your not looking hard enough, look on autotrader, I have just seen …Fella, your not looking hard enough, look on autotrader, I have just seen a 2015 model 11k!!!!!!

But you said 69 plate. That was the point of his comment.
Read it again fella, it read “I am looking as well now, I am probably going to go for a x-trail 69 plate”!!! The clue is in the “ I am looking”.... I am going to pay 21k next week pre reg.
Edited by: "BenLynos" 1st Mar
MadeDixonsCry29/02/2020 22:41

I often find dealers won't find faults whilst the car is under warranty, but once the warranty has expired, the faults are magically and easily diagnosed when you go in with the same problems when the car was under warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants