WHICH AA/AAA Battery charger

Found 12th Nov 2017
Can anybody recommend an AA/AAA Battery charger please.
I want an 'intelligent' one that recognises battery's state, etc.

Some are advertised as such but reviews suggest otherwise.

Likewise which rechargeable batteries to buy?

SO many to choose from - seems to be so many options?

Any guidance welcome.

My current ni-minh charger tells me all my current batteries are no good.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Lidl usually do one before Christmas as a special offer.

Can you be more specific about the intelligent bit? Do you want something that recognises the battery's state so it stops charging at an appropriate time (common) or something with a readout and test/analysis functionality that can give more information.

How many slots do you want? What about price?

As for rechargable batteries, it depends on what they're powering but eneloops (non-pro) are the best for most uses and higher voltage (NiZn) or higher capacity (Eneloop Pro) models have trade-offs.

Uniross

Original Poster

EndlessWaves59 m ago

Can you be more specific about the intelligent bit? Do you want something …Can you be more specific about the intelligent bit? Do you want something that recognises the battery's state so it stops charging at an appropriate time (common) or something with a readout and test/analysis functionality that can give more information.How many slots do you want? What about price?As for rechargable batteries, it depends on what they're powering but eneloops (non-pro) are the best for most uses and higher voltage (NiZn) or higher capacity (Eneloop Pro) models have trade-offs.

One that turns off when it should and tells you the state of the battery charge wise would be good.

I have eneloops and they do not hold the charge as they once did - despite not being used that much.
So I was hoping maybe for even a brand recommendation.

Bobef9017 m ago

One that turns off when it should and tells you the state of the battery …One that turns off when it should and tells you the state of the battery charge wise would be good. I have eneloops and they do not hold the charge as they once did - despite not being used that much.So I was hoping maybe for even a brand recommendation.

I have these,
32419896.jpgAlso charges 18650
32419896.jpgAlso charges pp3 9volt

32419896.jpgAlso charges phone/camera batteries

They all tell you charge and turn off automatically.
Xstar was from gearbest, other 2 from lidl.
I would buy them all again and would recommend them.
If you don't need to charge 18650/14500 batteries forget the xstar, it does tell you how many mah each battery has taken to fully charge which is novel.
The xstar charges from a usb which means you can use it with a power bank or car charger, the lidl ones just plugin the mains.
Edited by: "shadey12" 12th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants