Which AC1900 or higher router?

Posted 19th Apr
There is so much choice it's bamboozling, a router from years ago still being available and having some of the highest reviews, I cannot make a decision, there seems to be no perfect router, Netgear R7000 has dated software, RT-AC68U possibly issues with range and the D-link DIR-878 being a bit slow.

Ideally looking on Amazon Warehouse and don't want to spend more than £65.

Help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I have a Tenda AC 23 (AC2100) and really pleased with it . Does a good job of getting a good wifi signal around the whole house too. tendacn.com/uk/…tml Got mine off eBay for £30 but availability seems to be suffering with the Corona Virus and can only find on Banggood for £41.
I've got the Netgear R7000 and it's a great router, not sure what you mean by dated software? The latest firmware came out in Feb this year which isn't too long ago: kb.netgear.com/000…100
bobdylan19/04/2020 08:34

I've got the Netgear R7000 and it's a great router, not sure what you mean …I've got the Netgear R7000 and it's a great router, not sure what you mean by dated software? The latest firmware came out in Feb this year which isn't too long ago: https://kb.netgear.com/000061805/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-100

That was more out of necessity as it fixed multiple security issues in Netgear routers.
Spies19/04/2020 12:14

That was more out of necessity as it fixed multiple security issues in …That was more out of necessity as it fixed multiple security issues in Netgear routers.

That's generally what firmware updates do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions