Expired

Which airline would you take...Condor or IcelandAir?

Found 16th Aug 2013
I'm travelling from London to Alaska in September. I have the choice of the following two airlines;

IcelandAir- (flying via Reykjavík)
Condor - (Flying via Frankfurt)

I'm going to be carrying a touring bike along with about 35 kg's of baggage (winter equipment mainly). Just wondering whether anyone has flown with either of these airlines, or via either of these airports? The flights work out to be about the same price...so it is just about route/carrier.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I use Air Iceland for the kids. You have to pay for all your food on the flight unless you book a premium ticket. Having said that the food is said to be "good" if you like hamburgers and giant cookies.

Changing in Reyk is quick and easy. You walk off the plane, around the tiny aiport and on to the next plane, often that's the plane right next to you when you land! Its all in English and very small.

To be fair, your flying all the way to Alaska which I have done too, why skimp on a cramp flight all to save yourself at best a £150? When are you going? You can often fly to Anchorage with BA and Air Alaska for only £40 more then the flights cost to Sea-Tac.
Edited by: "groenleader" 16th Aug 2013
Banned
BA have some of the smallest legroom, seat widths going these days. IcelandAir are little better.

Never even heard of Condor and arent mentioned on seatguru

seatguru.com/cha…php
Original Poster
groenleader

I use Air Iceland for the kids. You have to pay for all your food on the … I use Air Iceland for the kids. You have to pay for all your food on the flight unless you book a premium ticket. Having said that the food is said to be "good" if you like hamburgers and giant cookies.Changing in Reyk is quick and easy. You walk off the plane, around the tiny aiport and on to the next plane, often that's the plane right next to you when you land! Its all in English and very small.To be fair, your flying all the way to Alaska which I have done too, why skimp on a cramp flight all to save yourself at best a £150? When are you going? You can often fly to Anchorage with BA and Air Alaska for only £40 more then the flights cost to Sea-Tac.

Amazingly, BA is SIX times more expensive (£1800 vs £315 or so!). It must just be the time of the year, or just limited seat availability. Whatever way it is sliced, cost is king for me (a £150 saving equates to about 35 days of touring!). Icelandair sounds like the better bet. I dare say my bike/pannier bags will be in safer hands at a small airport rather than Frankfurt. Thanks for your input
csiman

BA have some of the smallest legroom, seat widths going these days. … BA have some of the smallest legroom, seat widths going these days. IcelandAir are little better.Never even heard of Condor and arent mentioned on seatguruhttp://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

It's a pretty big german airline run by Thomas Cook.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants