Which bag should I get?

Posted 10th Nov
I need it for my daily commute to work carrying a macbook, charger and my lunch.

Option 1
Option 2
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You should check out your local TK Maxx. I've got some great backpacks from there, most recently a bargain on a Granite Gear backpack.
19 Comments
Seems too good to be true. Probably poor quality
deals6910/11/2019 13:38

Seems too good to be true. Probably poor quality

What are you referring to?
You have (4658) evaluations for Quechua and (203) evaluations for KIPSTA which could reflect the item, in a much better way than the opinions of 5-cents snobs.
The £7.99 option does not sound like the contents will be OK during typical UK weather...

"Check out our backpack, which was created and designed in the French Alps for two-hour hikes in lowlands, forests or on the coast in dry weather."
The reviews on the second one mention conciled pockets against your back, it looks more waterproof too
fanpages10/11/2019 13:48

The £7.99 option does not sound like the contents will be OK during …The £7.99 option does not sound like the contents will be OK during typical UK weather..."Check out our backpack, which was created and designed in the French Alps for two-hour hikes in lowlands, forests or on the coast in dry weather."

Oof sounds like it wouldn't survive.
fanpages10/11/2019 13:48

The £7.99 option does not sound like the contents will be OK during …The £7.99 option does not sound like the contents will be OK during typical UK weather..."Check out our backpack, which was created and designed in the French Alps for two-hour hikes in lowlands, forests or on the coast in dry weather."

xanoas10/11/2019 13:53

Oof sounds like it wouldn't survive.

esar10/11/2019 13:49

The reviews on the second one mention conciled pockets against your back, …The reviews on the second one mention conciled pockets against your back, it looks more waterproof too

If you fancy the look of the first option, & your budget supports it, perhaps you could look at a waterproof outer slip case/cover for your MacBook so that there is an additional weather barrier inside the bag.
fanpages10/11/2019 13:57

If you fancy the look of the first option, & your budget supports it, …If you fancy the look of the first option, & your budget supports it, perhaps you could look at a waterproof outer slip case/cover for your MacBook so that there is an additional weather barrier inside the bag.

Like the look of both to be honest, will go with the second one so I don't have to bother with additional waterproofing.
You should check out your local TK Maxx. I've got some great backpacks from there, most recently a bargain on a Granite Gear backpack.
The one you like.
They both look rubbish. Get a proper berghaus backpack or something like that and a sleeve for your laptop. They do them in 20-25L and bigger if you need more space.
Agree with @spruceyb. Got a great deal on a Wenger backpack at TKMaxx. Those things last for years!
Why spend a fortune on a MacBook then £8 on a bag to protect it? Get something waterproof with some padding or additional protection, especially if you are cycling or on a motorbike.
ktm66610/11/2019 21:52

Why spend a fortune on a MacBook then £8 on a bag to protect it? Get …Why spend a fortune on a MacBook then £8 on a bag to protect it? Get something waterproof with some padding or additional protection, especially if you are cycling or on a motorbike.

Company issued, I've been using a VANS bag, but it ripped, idk much about bags it just needs to survive London public transport.
xanoas10/11/2019 21:54

Company issued, I've been using a VANS bag, but it ripped, idk much about …Company issued, I've been using a VANS bag, but it ripped, idk much about bags it just needs to survive London public transport.

I’m that case, I’d go for the cheapest! Unless you can claim back the cost from your company.
ktm66610/11/2019 21:56

I’m that case, I’d go for the cheapest! Unless you can claim back the cost …I’m that case, I’d go for the cheapest! Unless you can claim back the cost from your company.

Public company, so tight budget can't claim things like this sadly, but they will cover damages to the laptop lol.
I think at that price you should just buy both.
Second one does look more waterproof to me too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants