Groups

Which Battery Charger

I really can't decide which charger to get. I don't need batteries for really powerful things, it's just for kids toys and my Wii remotes.

I want one that won't take too long to charge. Some chargers I've seen can take up to 10 hours!

Any suggestions? Thanks

11 Comments

lidl one when it comes up.

Original Poster

I was looking at the Energizer's pro charger for £11.99 with batteries...

Original Poster

ho5dow

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BC-700-Technoline-Intelligent-battery-charger/dp/B00O1A7G8E/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484837402&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=Intelligent+AA-AAA+Professional+Standard+battery+charger+%28UK+Version%29

​Thanks but I just want a basic one.

superfreddy

​Thanks but I just want a basic one.

Was a post on here earlier today for an entry-level fast intelligent charger for about £8 from 7DS = good value.
    Edit: found it. 1 - 1.5hr charge time £8.49 7dayshop.com/pro…504
    Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 19th Jan

Has anyone tried one of the chargers that can recharge alkaline batteries? (The regular supposedly non-rechargeable batteries). I like the idea and woukd save £££ having to replace with new expensive rechargeable batteries. See e.g.

amazon.co.uk/SBC…8WU

AndyRoyd

Was a post on here earlier today for an entry-level fast intelligent … Was a post on here earlier today for an entry-level fast intelligent charger for about £8 from 7DS = good value.Edit: found it. 1 - 1.5hr charge time £8.49 https://www.7dayshop.com/products/lloytron-ultra-fast-4-channel-lcd-intelligent-aa-and-aaa-ni-mh-battery-charger-wh2-b1504

​Thats the ops own deal. Seems reluctant to take his own advice.

craigstephens

​Thats the ops own deal. Seems reluctant to take his own advice.

oO

Original Poster

I went for the energizer one

The "charge ordinary batteries" ones can work fairly well, though some batteries are more amenable than others.

Reputedly, "high drain" or "photo" alkalines tend not to take recharge in these systems, while I've had packs of Panasonic red/white ordinary that take charge after charge - capacity will drop with each cycle though - they tend to be good for only about 10 cycles.

If you can find the rechargeable alkaline batteries, they will take more cycles, very good for things that don't like the lower voltage of NiCd/NiMH

Thanks matth9999! That is really helpful.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions