Found 11th Jul 2008
Im looking for a bike for around the £100 mark just to commute the mile and a half to work each day and have narrowed it down to two.

Just wondering if anyone could give me their advice on which to go for, if any!

1. Misc
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
11 Comments

john_mac83;2507341

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_508561_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__varient__categoryId_157402_crumb_33980-33957-90909_parentcategoryrn_90909

john_mac83;2507350

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=14066

the first one will last 2 years the 2nd one will last 2 weeks

Original Poster

mum2b;2507368

the first one will last 2 years the 2nd one will last 2 weeks

Thanks. What sort of things should i be looking for when purchasing a bike? Is it getting a well-known make like with most things?

I'd go for the second one, it's more suitable for road use with it already having semi-slick tires. The raleigh has more 'gimmicks' like a suspension seat post, where as the Stealth looks to have a more comfortable seat.
Both are budget bikes so you can't expect them to be amazing but for your purpose, I'd go for the Stealth.

john_mac83;2507384

Thanks. What sort of things should i be looking for when purchasing a … Thanks. What sort of things should i be looking for when purchasing a bike? Is it getting a well-known make like with most things?

yh u get wht u pay for ralighle is a very reliable make and has 21 gears which is perfect for long travels. go for the name over the price others wise u will regreat it

Original Poster

Awww damn two conflicting opinions lol
Im really only going to use it for no more than 30mins at a time. I dont expect either of them to be great bikes, or a comfy ride etc. just want it to get me from a- b. I was leaning more towards the Raleigh purely because I had heard of the make and it is half price.
Might just have to go and have a look in halfords tomorrow

the raleigh is the perfect bike for u tht other piece of **** is a waste of time.

Trust me dont ge tht piece of **** of a bike and the get the raleigh. 30min a week adds up. tell me wht u get

Original Poster

mum2b;2507482

the raleigh is the perfect bike for u tht other piece of **** is a waste … the raleigh is the perfect bike for u tht other piece of **** is a waste of time. Trust me dont ge tht piece of **** of a bike and the get the raleigh. 30min a week adds up. tell me wht u get

I can see you feel really strongly about this topic lol
i will go for a look tomorrow:thumbsup:

Yea just go for the Raleigh, the build quality will be better plus it originally retailed for a much higher price than the Stealth.

Original Poster

Magic_monkey;2507519

Yea just go for the Raleigh, the build quality will be better plus it … Yea just go for the Raleigh, the build quality will be better plus it originally retailed for a much higher price than the Stealth.

Thanks. thats pretty much my way of thinking. Only worry is the frame is too small which is why i want to go round tomorrow to see.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. arome therapy diffusers23
    2. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?914
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?40
    4. Best/cheapest music service66

See more discussions