Which bike rack out of these?

Posted 2nd Jul
Hii

Hi am looking to by bike rack for first time & have noted these 2 options available at my local halfords. My requirement is 2 bikes but apart from number of bikes which one looks safer/easier/better. Please let me know if you have any advice / suggestions :

halfords.com/cyc…tml

halfords.com/cyc…tml

Thanks a lot
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
i have just bought the first one from halfords myself a couple of days ago. we haven't put it together yet so can't comment. the reviews on the halfords site seem good for the product.

did you put your car registration plate into the site for recommended rack? i note that the two you have linked are for different car models as one is high mount and one is low mount? unless i am misunderstanding high mount and low mount. i thought they would be for different car models.

when we put our car registration plate into the halfords site, it came up with the first one (low rear mount) as recommended but it did not have the second one (rear high mounted).
Edited by: "mutley1" 2nd Jul
If you can stretch the budget I would always recommend a Saris Bones. I've found them to work extremely well and they also hold their value should you ever decide to sell it on.

Out of those specific 2 mounts I would go for the high one on the expectation it may leave your number plate and lights visible to other road users avoiding the need for a light board. So much of this depends on the type of car it's going on.
It's also a benefit to have that additional space for either an extra bike of even just to space the two bikes out on the rack for extra flexibility
QSECOFR02/07/2020 12:18

If you can stretch the budget I would always recommend a Saris Bones. I've …If you can stretch the budget I would always recommend a Saris Bones. I've found them to work extremely well and they also hold their value should you ever decide to sell it on.Out of those specific 2 mounts I would go for the high one on the expectation it may leave your number plate and lights visible to other road users avoiding the need for a light board. So much of this depends on the type of car it's going on.It's also a benefit to have that additional space for either an extra bike of even just to space the two bikes out on the rack for extra flexibility

i got a bit worried when you mention the low mount rack may hide the number plate and back lights! however, on looking at the photos of the product on a car, it clearly still show the licence plate and back lights so it should be fine without any additional light board.
i have the 3 bike one you posted over a year ago. works as it should and no problems. you just need to make sure it fits your car. I bought mine in store and the guy fitted it to make sure it was sturdy and did not cover the number plate.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants