Groups

Which bike to get?

I currently have a Giant Boulder (so to speak) which has done me well over the past few years, after doing a ride at the weekend I looked at a few models and am thinking about getting an upgrade.

I tend to mainly ride on roads, some tracks etc. (Rutland Water for example if anyone knows it)

The bloke in the shop mentioned a 'hybrid' - which I thought were electric. He said they have thin wheels for the road, front suspension which can be locked on or off, so fine for all surfaces, but better than a mountain bike on roads.

Firstly, is that tosh?

The place I went only sold Giant bikes, and of their ones I really liked the Roam 1 model. Any ideas for other brands that are reasonably decent. I quite like the Specialized Rockhopper, I presume Specialized are still a decent brand? (I know they're more like £800 though)

We have the cycle scheme at work, but was looking to spend about £5-600 rather than the full grand.

Anybody else done the cycle scheme? Is it worth it? I didn't fully understand it when he talked to me about it yesterday.

5 Comments

Banned

Spend the full grand

Original Poster

Elton Chong

Spend the full grand

Need to look more into the likely costs.

whatsThePoint

Not tosh, A hybrid takes the best bits of mountain/road bikes to make umm … Not tosh, A hybrid takes the best bits of mountain/road bikes to make umm a road bike

Thanks, he did seem to know his stuff, how noticeable do you think thinner tyres and a slightly larger chain set (?) would be?

Original Poster

Bump for any suggestions of models?

sancho1983

Bump for any suggestions of models?

plenty here

models.com/mod…cfm

Original Poster

Just to throw a spanner in the works I've been to another store and all but decided on keeping my boulder but getting a road bike.

Liked the specialized secteur, any thoughts or suggestions?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3111098
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1420
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764579
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1933

See more discussions