Groups

which​ bissell shall i buy?

inlm looking to buy a decent carpet cleaning machine. ive been looking at bissell but there are many in their range. can anybody recommend which one to buy?

4 Comments

Check out vax as well. Mum swapped from Bissell to Vax.

I used to have a Vax 6131T but always found it a complete faff to setup and cords and hoses everywhere - not enough weight on the head to get the carpets particularly dry so decided to get an upright machine.

Went for the Bissell 1456E (https://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/bissell-powerwash-premier-with-heatwave-1456e) and, unsurprisingly due to the price difference, it is so much better. Very easy to use, carpets are dry to walk on within a couple of hours and it's got out some fairly long-lived stains in a medium pile carpet.

I haven't tried any other Bissell machines (or the Vax equivalents) so maybe the cheaper ones are just as good but would definitely recommend an upright rather than canister or wet/dry machine.
    Edited by: "shfeb" 6th Apr

Why Bissell I own a vacuum cleaner which sounds very loud when on ... Avoid IMO !

Vax 124a, I bought one 8 years ago and the only issue i have had was that the original one started leaking from one of the pipes internally that had split. I contacted Vax to get a replacement pipe sent out and they told me that they would arrange collection of the old one and replace it. Customer service excellent

However i am now at the point where i am in need to replace the Turbine assembly (can get a replacement for £20) as the cog inside has snapped and now the brushes don't turn as they should, and i'm half tempted to contact Vax again to try my luck to see if they'll send me a new one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap northface alternatives?33
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1531
      3. Ditched Sky1722
      4. Could someone send me a usc code with unidays11

See more discussions