Which Boiler is the best-Worcester Bosch or Vaillant?

Posted 8th Oct
As per above which boiler is the best to purchase and will be good quality and basically run for many years without having to replace again, anyone who already has these boilers can give feedback? ny advice/info appreciated..thanks in adv
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Around 10 years ago I worked in the Builders Merchant industry and at that time a lot of plumbers swore by Vaillant, although I have since read when doing my own research that they aren't what they used to be. Vaillant also own glow worm. I opted for a mid range glow worm model to save a few quid over Vaillant and haven't had any issues in 6 years (touch wood).

Having said all that, I once visited the Worcester Bosch factory and one thing that stood out was how rigorous their quality control and customer support was, whether this was put on for our benefit is another matter though.

If cost isn't an issue, I would lean towards Worcester, otherwise take a look at glow worm. Only a personal opinion though.
Which magazine have done tests on all brands of boilers and Worcester Bosch come up tops.We have had one for several years and never had any problems.We have it serviced each year and it came with a good guarantee
I have had a Vaillant ecotec combi now for 6.5 years . Had it serviced annually to keep up the 7 year manufacturers warranty , never missed a beat .

Obviously a lot more efficient (hence far cheaper to run ) than my previous (circa 2005 ) system boiler .

I believe that Worcester Bosch are also excellent boilers and I believe both they and Vaillant now come with 10 year manufacturers warranty when fitted by an authorised installer (saves a fortune when compared to Homeserve type CH cover) .

I don't believe it is worth scrimping on the price of the boiler (certainly avoid "cheapo" boilers) as a good proportion of the boiler + fitting cost will be for labour ,flushing , filter and bleeding and balancing the radiators post fitment .

This part of the cost will be the same whatever make of boiler is fitted . IMO pay for a top quality boiler , maybe £200 more than the cheapest , and have that peace of mind.
Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Oct
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro Combi, have had it for 9 years now. It’s serviced annually and have never had any problems (touch wood.)
Another for Vaillant, WB is well marketed but there’s no comparison anymore.
I've had a Worcester Bosch for 5 years, long story short had a problem with my gas regulator which caused gas boiler problems. Worcester customer services were abysmal if you have to deal direct with them, purely for this reason alone I would not recommend Worcester.
WB is what the plumbers recommend, mine has been been good - fits inside the cupboard so you don't see it.
Bigfootpete08/10/2019 12:44

WB is what the plumbers recommend, mine has been been good - fits inside …WB is what the plumbers recommend, mine has been been good - fits inside the cupboard so you don't see it.

That's because WB give incentive's and kick backs to their installers.
Worcester Bosch is the industry best. I have two relatives who install combi boilers etc and both say WB. Costs a bit more but doesn't really go wrong.
I don't think you can go wrong with either Vaillant or WB, both are generally top end of the market with similar warranty
Wb here too. Mines 20 year old now, its had new timer, a copper expensive bit and a smaller copper bit. Last 5yr I had boiler insurance which coveres any repairs and a service yearly. It has developed a leak, so needs looked at again. It's getting scary everytime they come out in case they say it's in repairable.
I got a new Vaillant 6 months ago here. Its so quiet, you have to put your head next to it to know its on.

Just got my annual Direct Debit bill reduced from £95 per month to £33 (thanks in part to eco friendly boiler.

Although some of that is due to the smart meter, i.e. figure out how much each rad was costing and WiFi NEST system.
Edited by: "redserpent" 8th Oct
MonkeysUncle08/10/2019 18:02

Wb here too. Mines 20 year old now, its had new timer, a copper expensive …Wb here too. Mines 20 year old now, its had new timer, a copper expensive bit and a smaller copper bit. Last 5yr I had boiler insurance which coveres any repairs and a service yearly. It has developed a leak, so needs looked at again. It's getting scary everytime they come out in case they say it's in repairable.

Whos your cover with?
Thank you for all your comments/advice it’s much appreciated think it’s Vaillant all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
v
MiniMissyMoo08/10/2019 08:27

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro Combi, have had it for 9 years now. It’s s …I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro Combi, have had it for 9 years now. It’s serviced annually and have never had any problems (touch wood.)

same here great boiler.
What’s the cost for Vaillant boiler
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants