which book for car theory test ?

10 replies
Found 4th Jan
Hey guys , I'm looking to purchase a book to help my niece study for her theory test . I did mine over 15 years ago , so can't remember which was best .

will the highway code have all the information required or should I buy a book from the dvsa aswell ??

Thanks in advance !

1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. Book
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. Book
10 Comments

I know you asked for a book but when I did my theory test a number of years ago I just used this disc albeit the earlier version:

amazon.co.uk/Dri…uct

It's good because it allows you to practice in the same style as the real theory test and allows you to do the hazard perception bit which is usually the hardest part.

Get the official dvsa one.

The dvsa disk is probley the best solution my younger brother did his 3 weeks ago and passed first time. Still have the cd if you need it
Edited by: "gpawan" 4th Jan

The highway code will have everything you need to pass the multiple choice questions.
For the hazard perception your best with the official app or DVD's.

Original Poster

thanks for advice

I just used this app, just used it whenever I had free time doing the questions again and again till I got them all right. I only started 6 days before my test and passed first time only got one or two wrong so a really high score. I probably did 2-3 hours a day for those days. Hazard test there's loads of free sites you can use, just make sure to not click in a regular pattern in the test as that's a fail.

play.google.com/sto…ory

theorytestapp.co.uk/app…pp/
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 4th Jan

I'd go for the app's / websites that offer practice tests. Books aren't really needed these days as they contain a lot of information that just won't be needed in the test. The apps / websites use a lot of questions taken directly from the test to the point where you notice about 25% of the questions you have answered before when doing the official test. The hazard perception can also be practised this way which you can't do with a book.

bigfoot100

I know you asked for a book but when I did my theory test a number of … I know you asked for a book but when I did my theory test a number of years ago I just used this disc albeit the earlier version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test-Success-All-Tests/dp/1843266164/ref=cm_rdp_productIt's good because it allows you to practice in the same style as the real theory test and allows you to do the hazard perception bit which is usually the hardest part.

This is what I got for my daughter. She used the practice test and hazard perception tests on there and passed her test yesterday.

The apps are the best.

They will monitor which sections you need to practise more.

Thery Test app and Hazard perception app helped me.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11

See more discussions