Groups

which brand of washing machine is better

LG, Bosch or Samsung. Dont have experience/knowledge in washing machines so not sure which brand is most reliable. Thanks in advance

22 Comments

I've had LG and Bosch, reliability on both has been dire. Stay away from direct drive, the 10 years warranties only covers things like the motors etc where as the drums often go at 2 years leaving you out the cost of the machine to get it fixed. Wish I had known.
    Probably better buying cheap as nothing seems to last other than an £1000 Meile.
    My plumber recommends Beko but then they go on fire, his is now 12yo.

Original Poster

thanks

Banned

I used to buy hotpoint,servis,hoover,all decent brands years ago I would spend 350 to 500 for a washer and if it lasted two years I was lucky.My current washer is a beko that I played £169.99 three years ago for it and it's still going strong.I too used to think beko rubbish but how wrong I am the way I see it I can buy 2 or 3 beko for the price of a Samsung or hotpoint that sadly are not as good now.

Beko. Cheap and reliable.

I've had a beko washer for 5 years and still going strong they're a brilliant washer

Miele in my opinion is the best washing machine.

I've got a Hotpoint had it for 13 years and touch wood still going strong.

Not so much the machine but rather where you buy from....John Lewis look after their customers.

Personally got a Bosch, not a single fault and has proven reliable.

Every Hotpoint/Indesit product I have had have never lasted longer than a year, They're terribly unreliable these days. The older Hotpoints were good but since moving production to Poland they've gone down the pan :(.

LG and Samsung have good reps for reliability so I would consider one.

Beko are a great budget brand imo, my mum had one for 5 years and it was used daily, the bearings went but I think that was good value and it took some abuse.

People often overload washing machines, of course that can reduce the life of components considerably, Probably why some people suffer more than others.

marty-401

Not so much the machine but rather where you buy from....John Lewis look … Not so much the machine but rather where you buy from....John Lewis look after their customers.

its not as clear cut as it used to be, have a look at the review sites, plenty of complaints about how they handle warranty repairs though saying that would rather buy from them than anyone else.

LG for us, have a direct drive and no issues what so ever. Wouldn't touch any of the hotpoint family unless you want a new friend to come round every month and a massive bill for labour or the additional warranty needed to get the free parts warranty.

Despite the news stories about the Samsung US washers disintegrating, their normal front loaders are very good, I have one of the very first models sold in the UK and it is still working like new AND washing better than any washer I have had before.

A word of caution though, all brands have bad periods, Bosch have a reputation of going from very good to very bad every few years, even on the same model numbers, and even Miele have off years, my mums last Meile was a DOG that got replaced within 2 years by a Panasonic that she is very happy with.

Best thing to do is look at the reviews for the models you want and make sure there arent loads of RECENT bad ones.

I have a Beko. Paid about 300 for it and it hasn't skipped a beat in the 6 years I've had it and It's constantly on.

Mikeygolfgt

I've got a Hotpoint had it for 13 years and touch wood still going strong.

Thanks for input, but a product manufactured 13+ years ago has no relevance to the reliability of products manufactured in 2016.

xPabloz

LG, Bosch or Samsung. Dont have experience/knowledge in washing machines … LG, Bosch or Samsung. Dont have experience/knowledge in washing machines so not sure which brand is most reliable. Thanks in advance

Maybe consider buying any machine with say a credible 5 year transferable warranty, and sell it on after say four years as the remaining year warranty will make it an attractive buy to the purchaser as well as commanding a reasonable selling price to contribute to another machine with say another credible 5 year transferable warranty. The equivalent warranted ownership costs per year are then fairly simple and fixed with no potential for unexpected repair bills.

I would recommend samsung I've had mine since April and am happy with it not had any issues.
    I wouldn't recommend hoover as 2 of my brothers have them and within 2 years the machines are falling to bits, they've got really loud and doesn't look like it'll last much longer. I used to have a zanussi although it lasted me about 8 years I wouldn't recommend it as it broke down a lot in the beginning and had many repairs.

I have Samsung and no problems whatsoever

Miele...

Original Poster

thank you all for your replies really appreciate it

I would buy a cheaper machine, thats well rated. as mentioned above you could buy another 3 or 4 years down the line with the money saved you could probably find a new one. 2 for one!

I've had a Bosch from JL 4 years ago not a single problem and paid £269. Only every had two machines so can't really comment on them. Had a hotpoint previously. Would buy again lots of problems heating element, door seal and when it gave up finally it was full of water so made getting it empty and moving it more difficult.

Another vote for Beko, ours is over 5 years old and has never given us any problems, unlike the Hotpoint and Indesit machines we owned before.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      4. word association Game74044544

See more discussions