Which broadband provider

Posted 20th Apr
Hi people, my broadband term is up. Currently have bt fibre 1, £34 a month. Looking at maybe swapping provider both sky and virgin offer similar for around £26, no real problems with bt but I don’t like the fact they have no online chat support.

Opinions please
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
bt.com/hel…tml?type=r&webreason=10002&num=1007&s_intcid=con_cuL1:broadband:L2:fix-broadband-problems:L3:chat
My BT Infinity 1 is £28.99 a month before discounts, after £150 MasterCard and Quidco it's something like £15 a month. They also just upgraded me to 67Mb for free, I would try to negotiate on price.
Always try get a better price before ending your contract, most companies will give one. Unless you’re not happy with their service of course.
Edited by: "claire7519" 20th Apr
I'd go Virgin all day if it's available. That will try to get you on their TV and Phone packages, but just insist on the Bb
My BT contract ends on Tuesday. Currently paying £40.49 a month for Superfast Fibre 2 (80 down, 20 up) with basic call package. At first they wouldn't budge on that, then they offered £37.99 as their absolute best price. Signed up to Sky for their Fibre Max package and basic calls for £27 a month and have £95 cashback tracked through Quidco.
Been a BT customer for 9 years, but their prices now are just getting silly compared to everyone else.
AndroidMan20 m ago

My BT contract ends on Tuesday. Currently paying £40.49 a month for …My BT contract ends on Tuesday. Currently paying £40.49 a month for Superfast Fibre 2 (80 down, 20 up) with basic call package. At first they wouldn't budge on that, then they offered £37.99 as their absolute best price. Signed up to Sky for their Fibre Max package and basic calls for £27 a month and have £95 cashback tracked through Quidco.Been a BT customer for 9 years, but their prices now are just getting silly compared to everyone else.

I’m thinking Sky aswell, I already have the tv
Just gone with now tv from sky. Think I’ve got £70 cash back tracked. Got 6 months of entertainment too.
Also consider getting a £20 unlimited data sim from Three and sticking it in a 4G router...
Got it for 25.99 a month plus a £50 card voucher, so went with that. Once again by customer service is terrible though. Cut off by online chat as soon as I mentioned getting a better price from sky. Second try was easier though. Funnily enough not the first time I’ve been cut off, happened when I first got with them and they messed my order up, rand up to cancel and got hung up on more than once...
AndroidMan21st Apr

My BT contract ends on Tuesday. Currently paying £40.49 a month for …My BT contract ends on Tuesday. Currently paying £40.49 a month for Superfast Fibre 2 (80 down, 20 up) with basic call package. At first they wouldn't budge on that, then they offered £37.99 as their absolute best price. Signed up to Sky for their Fibre Max package and basic calls for £27 a month and have £95 cashback tracked through Quidco.Been a BT customer for 9 years, but their prices now are just getting silly compared to everyone else.

Good luck, I went bt to nowtv (basically sky, same system and router etc.). The sky router is absolute garbage. My speeds over WiFi in the next room were a quarter of what they were with bt, I ended up having to get a few repeaters to have usable Internet. Luckily nowtv upped the prices I could leave early. I switched yesterday to plusnet (but using my bt smart hub [hh6]) and it's so good having fast usable Internet again.

It wasn't a one off as a family member did the same and switched to talk talk (who also have a good router) they didn't have repeaters so for them it was a bigger gain and they basically said it was weird having fast stable Internet again.

Bt and talk talk offer the best routers, sky/now tv's is junk, I've not used Vodafone but its supposed to be really poor. Plusnet is alright (rebranded bt hh5) and you can use a bt router. Virgin I'd not use due to having nothing but problems in multiple addresses, lots of slowdowns and an abysmal upload speed.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 24th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions