Which broadband provider should I go with

Posted 8th Sep
Now Broadband
BT
EE
SKY

all are between 50-60mb and are between £19-22 after cashback

I have a BT SIM card and I'm not sure if I'd get the £5 monthly discount aswell as the cashback
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
If you opt for BT, once the broadband is live, speak with the BT Mobile help team, they'll add your £5 broadband discount to the BT Mobile plan, you could also merge the accounts if you prefer one direct debit instead of two.
How you join BT doesn't matter, by phone, online, comparison sites and cash back, you get the £5 discount for having BT Broadband, you can also have it if you're not the broadband account holder, you simply have to live in a BT broadband address to qualify.
_-Richie-_08/09/2020 21:06

If you opt for BT, once the broadband is live, speak with the BT Mobile …If you opt for BT, once the broadband is live, speak with the BT Mobile help team, they'll add your £5 broadband discount to the BT Mobile plan, you could also merge the accounts if you prefer one direct debit instead of two.How you join BT doesn't matter, by phone, online, comparison sites and cash back, you get the £5 discount for having BT Broadband, you can also have it if you're not the broadband account holder, you simply have to live in a BT broadband address to qualify.

Probably go with BT I think. BT fibre 2 is £31.99 month for 24 months . £125 cashback brings it to £26.75 month and then take my £5 off because of my sim card then brings total to £21.75
Sky broadband fibre and line rental I pay 27 a month
Cbear8108/09/2020 21:43

Sky broadband fibre and line rental I pay 27 a month

The price I found for sky broadband super fast 59mb with boost came out at £27 month with £100 cashback so that brought it down to £21 month 18 month contract

How do you find sky? Reliable? Do you use your broadband for gaming ect
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 8th Sep
efc_4ever08/09/2020 21:46

The price I found for sky broadband super fast 59mb with boost came out at …The price I found for sky broadband super fast 59mb with boost came out at £27 month with £100 cashback so that brought it down to £21 month 18 month contractHow do you find sky? Reliable? Do you use your broadband for gaming ect

it will be just as reliable as BT as its the same Openreach lines it uses - only difference is the hub and customer service
Vodafone is good and is cheap
Bt own ee so exact same. Same router everything. I switched to ee no probs.

Had sky before not that good slow speeds and for the life of me just wouldn't price match. Now band not sure see what reviews are like or if the forums are busy and people getting help and answers
The reason you will see speed differences between providers is because of the router/WiFi each providers router will have different WiFi penetration around your house.

The ones you've picked are largely known to be ok. NowTV is SKY, EE is BT
Edited by: "Niz" 9th Sep
jase.208/09/2020 22:21

it will be just as reliable as BT as its the same Openreach lines it uses …it will be just as reliable as BT as its the same Openreach lines it uses - only difference is the hub and customer service

Every provider is different, it's the same line for the last leg but once the connection leaves the telephone exchange, that is when the differences happen and are noticeable.
Every provider will have their own wholesale providers, who provide the bandwidth for the backhaul, then if you connect to a website or server outside the UK, peering and transit agreements vary massively.

It's like your local bus services, they drive over the same local roads to pick you up, they then take a different route to get you to the city centre, some will use motorways, some will use other slower roads, you end up at the same destination, the journey just takes longer and is more bumpy with different bus companies.
_-Richie-_09/09/2020 10:01

Every provider is different, it's the same line for the last leg but once …Every provider is different, it's the same line for the last leg but once the connection leaves the telephone exchange, that is when the differences happen and are noticeable.Every provider will have their own wholesale providers, who provide the bandwidth for the backhaul, then if you connect to a website or server outside the UK, peering and transit agreements vary massively.It's like your local bus services, they drive over the same local roads to pick you up, they then take a different route to get you to the city centre, some will use motorways, some will use other slower roads, you end up at the same destination, the journey just takes longer and is more bumpy with different bus companies.

great way of explaining it
_-Richie-_09/09/2020 10:01

Every provider is different, it's the same line for the last leg but once …Every provider is different, it's the same line for the last leg but once the connection leaves the telephone exchange, that is when the differences happen and are noticeable.Every provider will have their own wholesale providers, who provide the bandwidth for the backhaul, then if you connect to a website or server outside the UK, peering and transit agreements vary massively.It's like your local bus services, they drive over the same local roads to pick you up, they then take a different route to get you to the city centre, some will use motorways, some will use other slower roads, you end up at the same destination, the journey just takes longer and is more bumpy with different bus companies.

im quite aware of how it works shame the vast majority are BT Wholesale service providers so everything will be exactly the same, even the LLU which allows multiple suppliers to use the same single network - ie Openreach pipes, sky being one who uses this
Post a comment
@
    Text