Which budget walking boots

Found 3rd AprEdited by:"Jade49"
Looking for some walking boots around £50.
Quite a few budget makes around that budget hi tec, regatta, Karrimor, Peter storm
Not sure whih option to choose or would it be worth paying a bit more for something like Berghaus?
Going to try some today in go outdoors but not sure what I need as long as they are waterproof and comfy!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Heard good reviews on Aldi walking boots. Couple of my friends are trekkers and they recommend them
Not sure this is much help with your search and I can’t comment on any other brand but I have Berghaus boots and they are brilliant, can’t remember what I paid for them but worth every penny IMO.
Depends where you are going. If you are talking about casual walks in the Lakes, Dales or Peak district, try one of those budget brands in Decathlon (good prices and good returns policy). Their own brands - Quecha & Forclas - sometimes come up well.
If you are looking at something more serious, eg Skafell Pike, Snowdon, Ben Nevis or the like, then better to invest in something quality, like Berghaus, Merrell, Salomon, probably from Cotswold Outdoors if you have one near. Budget for serious boot would be £120+.
Ar460rn7 m ago

Depends where you are going. If you are talking about casual walks in the …Depends where you are going. If you are talking about casual walks in the Lakes, Dales or Peak district, try one of those budget brands in Decathlon (good prices and good returns policy). Their own brands - Quecha & Forclas - sometimes come up well.If you are looking at something more serious, eg Skafell Pike, Snowdon, Ben Nevis or the like, then better to invest in something quality, like Berghaus, Merrell, Salomon, probably from Cotswold Outdoors if you have one near. Budget for serious boot would be £120+.

Couldn’t agree more. It all depends on the use.
I’ve had Berghaus and walked a few long distance treks in Scotland. Now on a pair of Solomon GTX. Each had their own virtues but the Solomon are lasting much better and comfier.
Your feet can take an absolute pounding. It is the one bit of kit not worth skimping in and will last you years.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 3rd Apr
Original Poster
More for casual walks and walking the dog, unlikely to walk more then 7-10 miles in one go and that would only be occasionally. Would wear them most days for dog walking though so couple miles a day I’d guess!
I bought a pair of AKU boots for £60 on clearance in TK Maxx that are holding up well.
Jade4936 m ago

More for casual walks and walking the dog, unlikely to walk more then 7-10 …More for casual walks and walking the dog, unlikely to walk more then 7-10 miles in one go and that would only be occasionally. Would wear them most days for dog walking though so couple miles a day I’d guess!

The most comfortable pair of boots I have worn were Keens. The toe box is spacious without being detrimental to the overall fit.
I wear men Scarpa’s. They tend to be wider and it means I can get a decent thick pair of Merino wool socks on with them too. These cost me £120, have been around the world and still in perfect condition 4 years on.

For me it’s all about comfort. I would go to Go Outdoors and try on lots of pairs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants