Groups

Which Canon camera?

Amazon have two cameras with good deals that have been on here recently.

I was wondering if any of the photography experts can guide me in the right direction.

The Canon IXUS 960 IS Camera (12.1MP, 3.7x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD £129.99
    or
    The Canon IXUS 80 IS Camera - Silver (8.0MP, 3 xOptical Zoom) 2.5" LCD £119.99

I had a Powershot SD700 IS that I got in America it was great but some nice person thought it would be better in their house rather than mine.

Thanks in advance.

3 Comments

Hope someone answers your thread.. I had no luck with mine (!) hotukdeals.com/ite…-a/

the 960 IS i have used, feels great in the hand, and the buttons are more tactile than the 80 IS, bought mine from hong kong on ebay and at £230 i think it was worth it at the time, the pixel density is actually lower in the 960 IS which theoretically makes it a better sensor, having said that most of the reviews i've seen say the 80 IS just pips it on all round features

nice summarised reviews can be found here: cameras.co.uk/rev…cfm
    cameras.co.uk/rev…cfm

Original Poster

AugQX;3448430

the 960 IS i have used, feels great in the hand, and the buttons are more … the 960 IS i have used, feels great in the hand, and the buttons are more tactile than the 80 IS, bought mine from hong kong on ebay and at £230 i think it was worth it at the time, the pixel density is actually lower in the 960 IS which theoretically makes it a better sensor, having said that most of the reviews i've seen say the 80 IS just pips it on all round featuresnice summarised reviews can be found here: http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/canon-ixus-80-is.cfmhttp://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/canon-ixus-960-is.cfm

Cheers, after reading all the reviews till teh wee small ours I am going with the 80 IS
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044574
      2. Giffgaff New goodybags33
      3. Santander - Compensation1617
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261378

See more discussions