Which card ? Revolut Vs starling Vs...

Posted 15th Jan
which card is the best

revolut monese TransferWise starling???
Community Updates
Ask
39 Comments
Something to do with dead and ditch if the vast majority of respondents don't suggest Starling, although there is no indication of intended card use(s) which may sway choice of ditch.
Used revolut all over the world with no problems highly recommens
Recommend
I have both revolut and starling
I like the revolut layout more but the problem is they charge if you withdrawal more than 200 a month
No charge on starling for withdrawals

I tend to use them both

Its handy to have two when away in case there is a problem with one
Edited by: "Jeeseymoose" 15th Jan
Why not Monzo?
After Revolut force closes your account, the majority suggest go with Starling hotukdeals.com/dis…517
Monzo and Starling are bank accounts, Revolut is a prepaid card. What you choose also depends on planned uses.
bozo00715/01/2020 16:19

Monzo and Starling are bank accounts, Revolut is a prepaid card. What you …Monzo and Starling are bank accounts, Revolut is a prepaid card. What you choose also depends on planned uses.

Not completely true, whilst you can use monzo as a bank account, I tend to use mine as a prepay card, mainly for coffee and contactless.
jpoolfitz15/01/2020 15:09

Used revolut all over the world with no problems highly recommens

Do u get virtual card
I want use one for trials authentication is netflix
We are looking in particular for one that doesn't charge to make a monthly direct debit in Turkish Lira or Argentine Peso to Netflix. From GBP
Starling and Revolut as back up or monzo and Revolut as back up
justanothercid15/01/2020 17:47

Starling and Revolut as back up or monzo and Revolut as back up

Which of those charges for foreign exchange? ie paying in TRL?
toria58215/01/2020 17:24

We are looking in particular for one that doesn't charge to make a monthly …We are looking in particular for one that doesn't charge to make a monthly direct debit in Turkish Lira or Argentine Peso to Netflix. From GBP

Exactly my thoughts entirely
I’ve only used Starling, I travel around Europe a lot and it’s saved me quite a lot. Recently had to transfer money to a Danish account, starling charged me a 40p fee - my friend who had to transfer less than me got charged £25 from his bank.
toria58215/01/2020 17:24

We are looking in particular for one that doesn't charge to make a monthly …We are looking in particular for one that doesn't charge to make a monthly direct debit in Turkish Lira or Argentine Peso to Netflix. From GBP

And INR Indian rupees
INDUSTRYHATER15/01/2020 18:08

I’ve only used Starling, I travel around Europe a lot and it’s saved me qui …I’ve only used Starling, I travel around Europe a lot and it’s saved me quite a lot. Recently had to transfer money to a Danish account, starling charged me a 40p fee - my friend who had to transfer less than me got charged £25 from his bank.

Wow that's steep! TSB charge me £1 per transaction plus 2.99% so roughly another 17 pence on the 41.99 TRL monthly DD, which is around £5.50. Do you think Starling would be cheaper for this amount coming out monthly?
Edited by: "toria582" 15th Jan
dave.richardsonskV15/01/2020 18:10

And INR Indian rupees

Ooh interesting! HUKD seems to say Turkey and Argentina have the cheapest Netflix subs. What does yours work out at a month? I'm around £5.45 but charges puts it up by £1.17..
Edited by: "toria582" 15th Jan
toria58215/01/2020 18:12

Wow that's steep! TSB charge me £1 per transaction plus 2.99% so …Wow that's steep! TSB charge me £1 per transaction plus 2.99% so roughly another 17 pence on the 41.99 TRL monthly DD, which is around £5.50. Do you think Starling would be cheaper for this amount coming out monthly?

It depends where the money is going, if yours is going to turkey then according to my starling app the only option available is the swift service ( there is a low cost service for other currencies)

toria58215/01/2020 18:12

Wow that's steep! TSB charge me £1 per transaction plus 2.99% so …Wow that's steep! TSB charge me £1 per transaction plus 2.99% so roughly another 17 pence on the 41.99 TRL monthly DD, which is around £5.50. Do you think Starling would be cheaper for this amount coming out monthly?

If I’m honest, I’m not sure! To transfer the moneys it’s about the same as what you are currently paying, I’m not sure if it’s different for a DD. Starling customer service on Twitter are normal very good at helping, I’ll go ask them for you.
toria58215/01/2020 17:54

Which of those charges for foreign exchange? ie paying in TRL?

Revolut and it’s a recurring card payment for Netflix. I use mine at home in turkey for Netflix
INDUSTRYHATER15/01/2020 18:39

It depends where the money is going, if yours is going to turkey then …It depends where the money is going, if yours is going to turkey then according to my starling app the only option available is the swift service ( there is a low cost service for other currencies) If I’m honest, I’m not sure! To transfer the moneys it’s about the same as what you are currently paying, I’m not sure if it’s different for a DD. Starling customer service on Twitter are normal very good at helping, I’ll go ask them for you.

Thank you so much! I don't do social media so wouldn't have a clue Just need to know if we'd be charged for having £ in a Starling account and setting up a monthly DD for 41.99TRL..
justanothercid15/01/2020 18:44

Revolut and it’s a recurring card payment for Netflix. I use mine at home i …Revolut and it’s a recurring card payment for Netflix. I use mine at home in turkey for Netflix

Unfortunately they won't accept Revolut for most of us here
toria58215/01/2020 18:46

Unfortunately they won't accept Revolut for most of us here

I’ve had mine a while I suppose
justanothercid15/01/2020 18:48

I’ve had mine a while I suppose

Yeah it seems to be with older accounts. Mine is new
Revoult as you can see live exchange rate on the app, lock rate however I avoid using it during Fri eve, sat and sun as they increase the rate. During those times I switch to Starling.
rimalpatel00715/01/2020 19:49

Revoult as you can see live exchange rate on the app, lock rate however I …Revoult as you can see live exchange rate on the app, lock rate however I avoid using it during Fri eve, sat and sun as they increase the rate. During those times I switch to Starling.

Starling looks like the way to go

Revoult as you can see live exchange rate on the app, lock rate however I …Revoult as you can see live exchange rate on the app, lock rate however I avoid using it during Fri eve, sat and sun as they increase the rate. During those times I switch to Starling.

Unfortunately Netflix won't accept our Revolut cards, which is what we need it for! Thanks though. Do you know if starling charge to pay a direct debit in Turkish Lira? Someone here says only swift service is an option at £5.50?!
toria58215/01/2020 19:51

Unfortunately Netflix won't accept our Revolut cards, which is what we …Unfortunately Netflix won't accept our Revolut cards, which is what we need it for! Thanks though. Do you know if starling charge to pay a direct debit in Turkish Lira? Someone here says only swift service is an option at £5.50?!

No idea mate.
I only use these cards during travel and paying for PS+ using the iindonesian store.

Yep, the blindingly obvious answer is to get BOTH.
rimalpatel00715/01/2020 19:54

No idea mate. I only use these cards during travel and paying for PS+ …No idea mate. I only use these cards during travel and paying for PS+ using the iindonesian store.

ok thanks anyways
dave.richardsonskV15/01/2020 19:49

Starling looks like the way to go

Not for me, I had a look and the TRL payment only seems to be their swift service at £5.50, that's four times what the bank charges atm
toria58215/01/2020 20:12

Not for me, I had a look and the TRL payment only seems to be their swift …Not for me, I had a look and the TRL payment only seems to be their swift service at £5.50, that's four times what the bank charges atm

Complicated....
toria58215/01/2020 20:12

Not for me, I had a look and the TRL payment only seems to be their swift …Not for me, I had a look and the TRL payment only seems to be their swift service at £5.50, that's four times what the bank charges atm

Argentinian? Vpn
dave.richardsonskV15/01/2020 20:14

Argentinian? Vpn

Funny you say that, I tried to switch from TRL to ARS using Argentinian VPN last week, but it wouldn't let me change. You reminded me so I just tried again but it's not having any of it. I've no idea why :/
toria58215/01/2020 20:36

Funny you say that, I tried to switch from TRL to ARS using Argentinian …Funny you say that, I tried to switch from TRL to ARS using Argentinian VPN last week, but it wouldn't let me change. You reminded me so I just tried again but it's not having any of it. I've no idea why :/

Birds of a feather....
toria58215/01/2020 20:36

Funny you say that, I tried to switch from TRL to ARS using Argentinian …Funny you say that, I tried to switch from TRL to ARS using Argentinian VPN last week, but it wouldn't let me change. You reminded me so I just tried again but it's not having any of it. I've no idea why :/

How abt new login and email account
dave.richardsonskV15/01/2020 21:09

How abt new login and email account

Yep that might have to be a last resort if we don't get it figured out. Open new account in UK with whatever card they accept, then cancel and do it again with Argentina VPN instead
Get all of them, they’re free. Always good to have choice. They all have their own unique features. I personally have Starling and Monzo.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions