Which card to use on Ali Express and similar websites

Posted 13th Jun 2020
I have a PayPal account linked to my Halifax Clarity Card so I make payments in dollars and receive the best rate.

However on Ali Express one item there was only an option to use your card and not Paypal so I decided not to.

What cards or methods do you use to pay on sites like Ali Express, Geekbuying etc?
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
8 Comments
Virtual Revolut card, for small purchases.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 13th Jun
I use my regular Nationwide credit card - not had any problems and been shopping with them for a year or two .
AliExpress uses AliPay, a product of Ant Financial (one of the biggest financial companies in the world, another subsidiary of Alibaba). Financial data just as safe as with any major payment processor.
I use my Halifax debit card, never any issues.
Just use your clarity card
joyf453613/06/2020 09:58

Virtual Revolut card, for small purchases.

I was a tad confused by a post on here recently about the new charges with Revolut - I wasn't 100% sure if it meant you would now get charged 50p after your first transaction that's in a foreign currency each month?
endofdays14/06/2020 10:17

I was a tad confused by a post on here recently about the new charges with …I was a tad confused by a post on here recently about the new charges with Revolut - I wasn't 100% sure if it meant you would now get charged 50p after your first transaction that's in a foreign currency each month?

• Domestic transfers and Euro transfers within the Single Euro Payments Area are remaining free.
  • The first payment/transfer each month to an account outside of users’ own country will be free, but after that, there will be a fee of 50p per payment.
joyf453614/06/2020 11:00

Domestic transfers and Euro transfers within the Single Euro Payments Area …Domestic transfers and Euro transfers within the Single Euro Payments Area are remaining free. The first payment/transfer each month to an account outside of users’ own country will be free, but after that, there will be a fee of 50p per payment.

So I now need to find another company offering a disposable virtual card - no luck on that search so far.
Post a comment
@
    Text