Groups

Which charger and batteries to go for?

We have been using rechargeable batteries for years but the charger is very hit and miss with lights lighting up and connections not working properly etc so looking for some more mainly for the battery operated air fresheners (air wicks) Looking around and have narrowed it down to 2 listed below, to me they look good value and suitable, any comments welcome. Thanks.
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…7C1

amazon.co.uk/gp/…OLE

14 Comments

personally I would wait for the lidl one to come up on offer with 3 year guarantee, if you search on hukd "lidl charger" three plenty of info.

I've had some Duracell 2650 Mah for almost 6 years, I should probably not be using them but they seem as good as new.

I use an Energizer charger.

I have read the 7dayShop own brand ones are good for the money (cheap).

Best batteries that hold charge and last years are Eneloops
    Edited by: "donslibi" 8th Oct 2016

Original Poster

shadey12

personally I would wait for the lidl one to come up on offer with 3 year … personally I would wait for the lidl one to come up on offer with 3 year guarantee, if you search on hukd "lidl charger" three plenty of info.

Thanks for that, will have a browse.

Original Poster

icecreamwoman

I've had some Duracell 2650 Mah for almost 6 years, I should probably not … I've had some Duracell 2650 Mah for almost 6 years, I should probably not be using them but they seem as good as new.I use an Energizer charger.I have read the 7dayShop own brand ones are good for the money (cheap).

Thanks, was looking at amazon etc because of guarantees. Will have a look at 7day shop returns policies.

People on here seem to highly rate the Amazon own brand ones.

Original Poster

tawse57

People on here seem to highly rate the Amazon own brand ones.

Yep, that's the one's I was looking at.

kramvic

Yep, that's the one's I was looking at.

Amazon regularly has deals on its batteries but they sell out within minutes.

Original Poster

tawse57

Amazon regularly has deals on its batteries but they sell out within … Amazon regularly has deals on its batteries but they sell out within minutes.

Ahh didn't know that, will keep my eyes open.

kramvic

Ahh didn't know that, will keep my eyes open.

Often they are a good third less in price. Need to keep an eye on the Amazon lightning deal page or the deal of the day pages.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…als

There is a battery charger live on there right now.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…JS6

The other place that does good prices on chargers is the 7dayshop website - loads of reviews on there also.

Eneloop batteries are the best on the market - hold their charge for up to a year without use, enough power for a camera flash, they are excellent batteries.
    Don't know about chargers though as the old one I have does the trick but can't remember the brand.

best charger....period. though flea bay sells slightly cheaper.
    amazon.co.uk/Tec…ine

Original Poster

Thanks all for your thoughts and links much appreciated.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7101342
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1826
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826369

See more discussions