Groups

Which coffee beans would you recommend for the aerobie aeropress?

So i've had a tassimo pod machine for about 2 years now but its far to expensive to run. I spend around £40 on pods every few months so i decided to buy an aeropress. With my tassimo i use colombian coffee and add some hot milk, it has deep flavour and is delicious so i wanted a similar kind of coffee bean. Bold and smooth. Description of the tassimo coffee " The Tassimo Carte Noire Café Long Delicate is 100% Colombian, you know it’s going to be an intense experience. The rich indulgence of this coffee is apparent in its very aroma. As for the taste, it truly is something to savour."

I was thinking of buying the sainsbury's fairtrade colombian coffee beans, any recommendations? Also should i grind the beans to the finest setting for the aeropress?

10 Comments

I like the Lavazza beans for the Aeropress, either the red pack or the black Espresso ones if you want to buzz. Yes, I think fine ground is best. Taylors of Harrogate is a nice mellow blend, too. You can't beat fresh beans, though, if you've a coffee supplier near you.

I've tried a lot of ground coffee in my aeropress, but Sainsburys taste the difference Columbian is my favourite by far. Costa / Lavazza / Starbucks are all awful, they're ground ages ago and are pretty much stale by the time you use them. Best option is to get freshly roasted beans from Pact or a similar company and grind them yourself with a good quality hand grinder. The difference is night and day.

Has anyone tried to Cat poo coffee?

Has anyone tried to Cat poo coffee?

I like Aldis ground Columbian coffee.

I use to like their Kenyan & Ethiopian top of the rage ones, but that seemed to go downhill a few months ago and Columbian is the best one now I've had (prefer it to other coffees I've tried from other supermarkets).

Original Poster

Dragon32

I like Aldis ground Columbian coffee. I use to like their Kenyan & … I like Aldis ground Columbian coffee. I use to like their Kenyan & Ethiopian top of the rage ones, but that seemed to go downhill a few months ago and Columbian is the best one now I've had (prefer it to other coffees I've tried from other supermarkets).

​I dont really go to aldis, how much is a pack? Also do they do a whole bean version

I get mine from Ravecoffee. Usually I buy the mocha java blend and grind a notch or two above the finest setting. Also with the aeropress its best to use the inverted method.

HasnainMajeed

​I dont really go to aldis, how much is a pack? Also do they do a whole b … ​I dont really go to aldis, how much is a pack? Also do they do a whole bean version

​I think it was around £1.70 a packet.

They also do some beans which were just as nice, but have not got the time for the grinder a lot of the time (have 8 year old twins ).

This was the Ethiopian one, but this report is old and I think it's gone downhill and don't get that one anymore: dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

I've had a search ad found the one I like now (the Columbian). It's £1.55.

aldi.co.uk/col…200

Excellent coffee: yorkcoffeeemporium.co.uk/cof…tml

Also tried the 'Nicaragua Cerro de Jesus' which was also incredible.

They will grind for the Aeropress, all freshly roasted.

Cant be beat.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DPD international?57
      2. Sim only deals with lots of data11
      3. Uncharted - The Lost Legacy runtime?11
      4. Best roaming data PAYG for USA11

See more discussions