Groups

which coffee machine

Anyone any recommendations please?
    It's my mums birthday next week and was thinking of getting her one of the pod coffee machines as she loves cappuccino does anyone have any advice or know of any offers? Willing to go upto £60 ish
    Thanks in advance

18 Comments

Nespresso!

Original Poster

Thanks will have s look

Id suggest a good brand but small size. Could b different for you but for us these things tend to be a fad and lose interest so if its smaller we find more chance of keepin out as takes up less space

I have dolce gusto, great machine but wouldn't recommend it. Not for the quality but the fact you can only get original pods. Nespresso compatible pods are avaailable - and a lot cheaper.

Nespresso are the best pod machines by a million miles.

davewave

Nespresso XN300540 Pixie Coffee Machine by Krups - Titanium Price: £64.99

What's the difference between this one and the one by Magimix?

Beebee18

What's the difference between this one and the one by Magimix?

None that I can see except for the exterior design. I have the below Magimix one.

Magimix

Banned

Whichever supplies the cheapest pods.

A lot like a printer. Forget the printer cost.. weigh up the running costs with ink supply.

ditch the pods and get fresh coffee with an aeropress and a hario skeleton grinder

cecilmcroberts

None that I can see except for the exterior design. I have the below … None that I can see except for the exterior design. I have the below Magimix one. Magimix

Yeah, that's the only difference I could see. I decided to get the Pixie direct from Nespresso as they have a deal on at the moment (as do Amazon, JL and Currys via Nespresso) for a free Milk frother when you purchase a machine and 150 pods plus £70 off the machine, so I got the Pixie, Frother and 150 pods for £116.50

Without you buy her a load of pods it's probably going to end up in a a cupboard as soon we runs out of the free samples.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Nespresso!

Hi purchased the nespresso but what pods for cappuccino would you use thanks

Original Poster

andyb83

Nespresso are the best pod machines by a million miles.

Which cappuccino pods would you recommend

Have a Nespresso at work, we have to get our own pods. Great coffee and lots of choice for pods. However, major bad point is that you get dregs of previous drink as the coffee does not flow directly from the pod to the cup - try running it with no pod and see the colour of the water!

Recently got a Dolce Gusto from Tesco – They were selling some off at half price. Great coffee and coffee flow directly from the pod to the cup so major advantage. Pods more expensive however but you can get self-fillable pods – Will have to give them a try as I’d be able to put any coffee I choose in them.

If I had the money then I’d go for bean to cup coffee machines.

Edited by: "B_T" 10th Sep 2016

Edit: sorry, just noticed you ended up getting a Nespresso.

This one is a bit more than what you're looking to spend but it's bean to cup and it makes really tasty coffee.

amazon.co.uk/And…fee
    Edited by: "MissyTrouble" 11th Sep 2016

Anyone still considering a coffee machine, i would recommend avoiding the Nescafe Dolce Gusto or any machine that uses the pods.
    The machine works okay but any of the pods that have a milk element to them (cappuccino, latte, mocha, etc) they use powdered milk and you can taste its powdered.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***519
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047120
      4. word association Game73944493

See more discussions