Groups

which coffee/hot drinks pod maker?

my husband had been saying he'd like one that takes the pods for various flavoured hot drinks etc. I've never really liked at them so need advice on what to go for before looking in the sales - don't want to spend a lot on one, needs to be fairly small and with refills that don't cost the earth... don't want much do I! lol but then it's not something we'll use daily either, so any advice much appreciated

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

10 Comments

Original Poster

apologies, tablet auto correct drives me mad at times!

Nespresso - nice selection but can only be purchased from web or selected stores. compatible alternatives but none that taste as good.
    Tassimo - expensive pods but usually on offer somewhere. available in most stores. no compatible alternatives available.
    Dolce Gusto - Same as tassimo
    Senseo - tea bag style pods. not much selection available. seems to be outdated.

i have a tassimo vivy. is small. pods are about £4 ish

Its all about bar pressure, the Dolce Gusto has good pressure so gives a great froth on the top and is a nice hot temperature, Tassimo and Senseo just don't add up I'm afraid and I have inside knowledge through promotions. Pods from Amazon are 3 boxes for £9.49

Tassimo works fine for me - normally get the pods on offer too quite regulary. Good selections of drinks available too.

Tassimo website usually has codes available for free delivery or money off. Ive never seen anything available for Nespresso or Dolce Gusto unfortunately.

stuarthanley

Nespresso - nice selection but can only be purchased from web or selected … Nespresso - nice selection but can only be purchased from web or selected stores. compatible alternatives but none that taste as good.Tassimo - expensive pods but usually on offer somewhere. available in most stores. no compatible alternatives available.Dolce Gusto - Same as tassimoSenseo - tea bag style pods. not much selection available. seems to be outdated.

Regarding the Senseo you need to look online for pods as there're plenty available or you can cheat and buy a 'coffee duck' off ebay etc that allows you to use any ground coffee you wish.

I have tassimo. I love it. pods are always on sale somewhere, and theres always offers on here. plain coffee works out 30p a cup, lattes etc can be up to 60p. but thats the full price, offers make it cheaper. I love the oreo or cadbury drinks, and stock up on espresso from 99p store when they have it, and throw that in my oreo / hot choc, or just add extra hot water.
    you can also get an attachment that makes the machine dispense boiling water. I didnt have a kettle for about a year.

Dolce Gusto cheap machine that makes several different kinds of drink. Pods a bit more expensive than nespresso.

Ive had both tassimo and nepresso which is my current machine. If it ever breaks down it'll only ever be replaced by another nespresso or if I can't afford it the next best thing..
    A new kettle.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions