Groups
    EXPIRED

Which Compact Camera for going to concerts?

I am looking for a camera, not SLR, that is good for concerts.

Must then is good in low light, good with movement, good focus, and decent zoom.

Quality pics is a must.

Any ideas? Budget, I am easy but upto £200, will stretch a bit more....
    I'd try it out in Jessops but no idea if the zoom will give me an accruate indication for close ups on stage that people seem to get

9 Comments

There is not such a camera :-( Let me know too if you find such

When you say concert, is it sitting? Standing? And how far will you be away from the stage?

I'm no expert but have taken successful photo's at concerts in the past, IMO i'd tell you to go for a fuji camera with an optical zoom of 10 or more

Original Poster

Magic_monkey;1961347

When you say concert, is it sitting? Standing? And how far will you be … When you say concert, is it sitting? Standing? And how far will you be away from the stage?

Both
    I usually get within 10 rows sitting or standing...

Best digital camera for compact is CANON IXUS.Not the cheapest,but simply the best.

I have a canon ixus, it's awesome lol
    Needs repairing though, my little sister thought it could do what that olympus does in the advert with the kid and the dog. Found out that it can't.

I've got a fuji s5000 which I took with me to a Verve concert in glasgow at the back end of last year. Its not especially compact but I was very impressed with some of the photos I got.

You can pick them up 2nd had off ebay for about £50 now too, its no digital SLR and the photo quality maybe isnt as good as the newer compacts but its a GREAT camera for £50, even 2nd hand.

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v161/1/97/719927190/n719927190_530069_3189.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v161/1/97/719927190/n719927190_530068_2733.jpg

[IMG]facebook.com/pho…php?pid=530071&id=719927190[/IMG]

I should say I was stood about 6ft from the front though, this isnt zoomed in from the cheap seats

Original Poster

Rimi;1962303

Best digital camera for compact is CANON IXUS.Not the cheapest,but simply … Best digital camera for compact is CANON IXUS.Not the cheapest,but simply the best.

Which Canon Ixus?

I have this one and love it. It's the Canon Ixus 860 is. It is small so you tend to carry it with you more and thus take more photos.
    It's only 4 x zoom though. Don't know if that's enough for you although you can enlarge on your PC
    and still have good quality, even in poor light.
    I bought mine from this place. Excellent service.

camerabox.co.uk/pro…093

Hope this helps.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!66
      2. Why is buying a laptop such a nightmare55
      3. Family Spotify account65
      4. Has anyone seen a cereal dispenser in shops?56

See more discussions