Which companies provide long guarantees like John Lewis?

Posted 17th Apr
I was looking at a new LG TV and John Lewis had it at the same price as AO and others, however John Lewis were providing a long 5 year guarantee versus 1 year from AO. Are there any other companies offering longer guarantees for TV's?

Another thing that I noticed is the John Lewis do not have a TV recycling option while right now due to the virus, but AO do have it.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Richersounds?
15 Comments
Richersounds?
deleted193929
fearona17/04/2020 16:48

Richersounds?

Yep. Used to be 5 years, not sure if it still is.
6 Year Guarantee included
for VIPs
Our VIP club is completely FREE for ALL customers and comprises a fantastic set of privileges.
Costco
Costco on certain electrical products
fearona17/04/2020 16:54

6 Year Guarantee includedfor VIPsOur VIP club is completely FREE for ALL …6 Year Guarantee includedfor VIPsOur VIP club is completely FREE for ALL customers and comprises a fantastic set of privileges.

Do you have to sign up for VIP before you purchase, the wording of it makes it seem as though it's a different procedure
It's free.
Thanks for the suggestions, Richersounds were exactly what I was looking for, they had the TV at the same price and free delivery along with 6 years guarantee.
Only thing missing was that they do not recycle old TV's as a service but the extra guarantee makes up for that .... our old bedroom TV will have to go in the shed until the council recycling center opens again.
Long warranties cost money and I won't be surprised to see if they disappear in the fight for survival.
bozo00717/04/2020 19:08

Long warranties cost money and I won't be surprised to see if they …Long warranties cost money and I won't be surprised to see if they disappear in the fight for survival.

Qualty will out, they will survive.
bozo00717/04/2020 19:08

Long warranties cost money and I won't be surprised to see if they …Long warranties cost money and I won't be surprised to see if they disappear in the fight for survival.

I'm guessing the RS/JL free warranties are based on the likelihood of TVs going bang in that period. In 30 years of owning my own TV I've never had to repair one. Always just upgraded at end of life or for new features.
fearona17/04/2020 19:57

Qualty will out, they will survive.

After this pandemic experience, more people will buy on price and / or trade down on brands. JL was losing money before the pandemic, only Waitrose is keeping it alive.
Edited by: "bozo007" 18th Apr
bozo00718/04/2020 05:13

After this pandeiexperience, more people buy on price and / or trade down …After this pandeiexperience, more people buy on price and / or trade down on brands. JL was losing money before the pandemic, only Waitrose is keeping it alive.

I was talking RS not JL sorry.
Edited by: "fearona" 18th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions