Which companies tracking numbers end with the letters GB?

Found 6th Dec 2017
I know the Royal Mail tracking usually ends with GB but who else’s? I’ve ordered a kids jacket off eBay and the seller has put down the tracking number but it’s saying not recognised on Royal Mail website. The seller hasn’t responded for a couple of days when I asked who the courier is but they do have high and positive feedback. Anyone help out? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Usually royal mail and parcel force
On the original listing did it show the method of posting in the delivery details/cost
might not be recognised because RM dont have it yet?
Get your claim in with Paypal. The seller will either take the hint or you will be on course for money back.

Typical eBay. Lets scumbags and dirtbags hide. You can try giving negative feedback but eBay will try everything they can to block you. Shyster heaven. I've long since stopped using it
Original Poster
Toptrumpet59 m ago

On the original listing did it show the method of posting in the delivery …On the original listing did it show the method of posting in the delivery details/cost

I've just gone onto the original listing as you said but with the laptop an it says its going with Royal Mail, thanks.
Also try 17track.net. They usually have more information about parcel locations than RM etc.
Let's just hope they haven't used Yodel, in which case have you tried looking in your dustbin, next door's hedge or your roof?
Toptrumpet30 m ago

Let's just hope they haven't used Yodel, in which case have you tried …Let's just hope they haven't used Yodel, in which case have you tried looking in your dustbin, next door's hedge or your roof?

or Hermes, both unbelievably bad at delivering items
ccnp2 h, 2 m ago

Get your claim in with Paypal. The seller will either take the hint or …Get your claim in with Paypal. The seller will either take the hint or you will be on course for money back.Typical eBay. Lets scumbags and dirtbags hide. You can try giving negative feedback but eBay will try everything they can to block you. Shyster heaven. I've long since stopped using it

Probably not the best idea to leave negative feedback when there hasn't been sufficient time to deliver and/or resolve any problems.

I know some people leave bad feedback regardless of good aftersales, and often where the delivery company was at fault but buyers are allowed to be reasonable.
Probably not collected by RM yet so it's not tracking yet.
bryanhaines39913 h, 2 m ago

Probably not the best idea to leave negative feedback when there hasn't …Probably not the best idea to leave negative feedback when there hasn't been sufficient time to deliver and/or resolve any problems. I know some people leave bad feedback regardless of good aftersales, and often where the delivery company was at fault but buyers are allowed to be reasonable.

eBay allows tracking. It asks you to set shipping deadlines when you load the ad. If sellers ignore this, a buyer has every reason to distrust the seller. Lord knows eBay wont protect the buyer until forced to do so. And even then, I have had eBay trying to impose their own policies above UK law (i.e. wrong item delivered is the sellers responsibility to pick up or pay P&P. eBay try to get the buyer to send it back at their own expense)

In the modern era, the level of Customer Service can be measured by the effect a Tweet or Feedback (i.e. Trustpilot) has. A lot of firms don't even respond if you humbly write an email or letter.

In a shop, if you are unhappy and they try to drag you into a side room to hide you and your complaint, do you agree? Or do you stand in the middle of the shop and allow others to glean the benefit of your experience? Which one gets a swifter and surer result?

You are free to do as you wish.
ccnp5 h, 45 m ago

eBay allows tracking. It asks you to set shipping deadlines when you load …eBay allows tracking. It asks you to set shipping deadlines when you load the ad. If sellers ignore this, a buyer has every reason to distrust the seller. Lord knows eBay wont protect the buyer until forced to do so. And even then, I have had eBay trying to impose their own policies above UK law (i.e. wrong item delivered is the sellers responsibility to pick up or pay P&P. eBay try to get the buyer to send it back at their own expense) In the modern era, the level of Customer Service can be measured by the effect a Tweet or Feedback (i.e. Trustpilot) has. A lot of firms don't even respond if you humbly write an email or letter. In a shop, if you are unhappy and they try to drag you into a side room to hide you and your complaint, do you agree? Or do you stand in the middle of the shop and allow others to glean the benefit of your experience? Which one gets a swifter and surer result?You are free to do as you wish.

The op said hasn't responded for a couple of days, there hadn't been time to allow for delivery and most certainly not resolution. It's ridiculous to tell someone to leave negative feedback before they even know if there's an issue.

Having not replied for a couple of days does not equal a scumbag, dirtbag or shyster as you put it. You have no idea of the circumstances, perhaps the seller sent out all items due for dispatch then took a few days break. Or maybe, I don't know, the person is really busy, possibly doing their own job and covering for staff who've pulled a sicky, or simply overcommited? Not ideal for the person waiting to hear I know, but hardly a scumbag.

And as for eBay not protecting buyers it is my experience and that of everyone else I've read on the topic, except you, that eBay give zero protection to sellers and side with buyers unless they are clearly a scammer. Perhaps if you've had bad experience it's because they give you short shrift for having unreasonable expectations, but I don't know the details so I'll leave stupid assumptions to other people.

I've no idea what you're blathering about dragging and hiding customers in shops. How is this fiction relevant to not having had a reply for 2 days?
Also I've had royal mail tracking numbers that didn't show up on tracking websites, and still didn't when I had the item in my hands. May have been a royal mail issue or the seller didn't transcribe the number correctly. Hardly a reason to expect your money back.

The op was still waiting to receive the item, so no idea why you're complaining about paying postage and packing to return items. Which, as you said, is something that eBay asks for, so no idea why that equates to negative feedback and refunds before expected delivery dates.

The op asked who use GB at the end if their tracking numbers not if anyone doesn't like eBay.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 7th Dec 2017
So now the poster has 2 opinions and can choose.

Yours (it's probably OK. Seller is probably nice. Sellers can be trusted. Just hope all will be OK. eBay is cuddly).

Mine (anonymous auction seller takes your money and goes quiet? Chase fast and hard. Don't expect eBay to back you).

Whatever floats your boat Bry.
ccnp21 h, 9 m ago

So now the poster has 2 opinions and can choose. Yours (it's probably OK. …So now the poster has 2 opinions and can choose. Yours (it's probably OK. Seller is probably nice. Sellers can be trusted. Just hope all will be OK. eBay is cuddly). Mine (anonymous auction seller takes your money and goes quiet? Chase fast and hard. Don't expect eBay to back you). Whatever floats your boat Bry.

Mine relevant, yours irrelevant. I'm sure the op is overwhelmed.

Please point out where I said any of these things you claim I assumed. The op didn't ask for advice about the seller and I didn't give any.

And and that's not what you said either, you effectively suggested scamming and leaving negative feedback
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 8th Dec 2017
Toptrumpet6th Dec

Let's just hope they haven't used Yodel, in which case have you tried …Let's just hope they haven't used Yodel, in which case have you tried looking in your dustbin, next door's hedge or your roof?

On the roof of your house .,..dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 8th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants