Which company's printer ink is the cheapest?

11 replies
Found 20th Dec 2008
I am looking to buy a new printer for photos and text, and wondered whether one company's ink refills were cheaper than the rest. I know Lexmark is very expensive, and I have found my current Epson to be quite reasonable.

Does anyone out there have anything to add?

10 Comments

The key is to get a printer that uses cartridges that don't have the print head as part of the cartridge. This way you can then buy compatibles very cheaply.

Personally I have always gone for Canons. That said (I believe) that those in the 'i' range do have the feature that I just mentioned above. I currently have an MP600 and pay either £1.99 for a cartridge without a chip or £2.99 for one with. (The ones without the chip just need a bit of fiddling about each time a new cartridge is fitted)

Banned

if you really want to save money in the long term, get a colour laser printer. Much faster and costs about 10% in ink compared to inkjets.

csiman;3816956

if you really want to save money in the long term, get a colour laser … if you really want to save money in the long term, get a colour laser printer. Much faster and costs about 10% in ink compared to inkjets.

I agree,,,

Banned

I bought a reservoir system for my printer.
Just fill the bottles up when needed.

csiman;3816956

if you really want to save money in the long term, get a colour laser … if you really want to save money in the long term, get a colour laser printer. Much faster and costs about 10% in ink compared to inkjets.

Yes, but the OP wants to print photos. I thought lasers weren't so great for photos.

Banned

doberman;3817216

Yes, but the OP wants to print photos. I thought lasers weren't so great … Yes, but the OP wants to print photos. I thought lasers weren't so great for photos.

decent laser colour printers can print just as good photos as inkjets. Might cost 3-4 times the price initially but if you print a lot of photos then you will soon recoup the layout in ink savings.

I've got 4 Epsons non of which work anymore due to ink drying blockages, so I bought a cheap B&W Samsung laser printer for £45 and it just does it's job without all that inkjet hassle. I also bought a Canon Selphy photo priter which is amazing, but only for small sizes.

I have an Epson AIO printer, its been really good etc, also the ink for the 4 tanks is £20 for genuine ink which i prefer to use anyway.

Pluun;3817059

I bought a reservoir system for my printer.Just fill the bottles up when … I bought a reservoir system for my printer.Just fill the bottles up when needed.

Yes, BUT where do you buy the ink from to refill it? And how much do you pay?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions