Groups

Which cookbook should I buy...

...my mum, for mother's day?

All she has is some really old cook and recipe book's, and I caught her looking at them last week, which resulted in me getting a mother's day gift idea.

I don't want some which has complicated dishes, just simple everyday style one's.

Thanks!

17 Comments

Jamie olivers books are good:)

when its mothers day?:|

I swear by anything by The Good Housekeeping Institute, (sounds old fashioned but regulary issue new books) really good - always end up going back to them. :thumbsup:

I've got loads and the one that I've used the most is Ainsley's meals in minutes. It's about 8 years old, but the stuff in it is really nice and quick to make - lots of variety too !

waterstones.com/wat…142

Depends on what they like really, i'm old school as well so recommend books by Marguerite Patten.

Got Ju Jitsu?
    http://www.onthemat.com/xcart/files/thumbnails/t_734.jpg

Good idea but some ladies will kill rather than give up their old cookery book.

Don't say replacement - say additional cookery book.

You have a computer,who needs a cookbook? Every recipe you could want or not is online

tonyd19565;1603388

You have a computer,who needs a cookbook? Every recipe you could want or … You have a computer,who needs a cookbook? Every recipe you could want or not is online

Funny you should say that. A couple of weeks ago I wanted the perfect batter mix recipe, searched the net and all I could find was a load of beer batter rubbish or yorkshire pudding mix. Not what I was after at all so I created my own :lol:

Shengis;1603495

Funny you should say that. A couple of weeks ago I wanted the perfect … Funny you should say that. A couple of weeks ago I wanted the perfect batter mix recipe, searched the net and all I could find was a load of beer batter rubbish or yorkshire pudding mix. Not what I was after at all so I created my own :lol:

And how did it turn out?
    The pancake mix I do is the same as a yorkshire pudding mix but I add much more milk.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1603524

And how did it turn out?The pancake mix I do is the same as a yorkshire … And how did it turn out?The pancake mix I do is the same as a yorkshire pudding mix but I add much more milk.

Well I used 'the method'. Chuck a load of ingredients together and pray :lol:

1 mug flour, 1 mug water, 2 eggs, salt&pepper.

Oh and it was most excellent, slightly less water next time though:-D

I still reckon you cant beat the BE-RO book (99p from the Co-op). Most of the recipes only have about 4 ingredients! easy peasy.

yes the delia smith one is new and she is good id get that

why not get waterstones vouchers she can choose her own books then

caroline072;1604922

why not get waterstones vouchers she can choose her own books then

That's a good idea :thumbsup:

If you decide to go for the new Delia one, apparently Asda is the cheapest at £8.00
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)918
      2. Gaming PC Upgrade Help33
      3. E-Bike/Electric Bike/Pedelec Advice810
      4. Best VR games?11

See more discussions