Expired

Which Courier does Sony.co.uk use?

Found 21st Apr 2014
Ordered myself a Xperia Z2 tablet on the 0% finance deal with free docking station and free warranty, but it's due to be delivered tomorrow and I've just remembered my gf is due her 40week appointment at the midwife in the morning.

I was just wondering if anyone knew which courier Sony usually uses as I will need to phone them asap to find out a rough estimated delivery time (I know every driver for most of the couriers in this area anyway) but I don't want to miss the delivery while I'm at work
Community Updates
AskCourierSony
13 Comments
dpd when i bought my tv from them at christmas
That could be handy because Im due another parcel from DPD tomorrow anyway which is going to my work, but the tablet was to my home address, so when they come to drop the other parcel off I can just ask them for the tablet as well (if it is DPD) cheers mrahman136
Neo1607

That could be handy because Im due another parcel from DPD tomorrow … That could be handy because Im due another parcel from DPD tomorrow anyway which is going to my work, but the tablet was to my home address, so when they come to drop the other parcel off I can just ask them for the tablet as well (if it is DPD) cheers mrahman136

there customer service is excellent, email them and ask them for advice. i think they reply within 30 minutes as well.
Who DPD or Sony?
Turns out for tablets Sony use UKMail for delivery.

But according to Sony they have sent it out, but the courier says no record of it which is slightly worrying
Neo1607

That could be handy because Im due another parcel from DPD tomorrow … That could be handy because Im due another parcel from DPD tomorrow anyway which is going to my work, but the tablet was to my home address, so when they come to drop the other parcel off I can just ask them for the tablet as well (if it is DPD) cheers mrahman136

DPD scanner tool thingy's can be a bit too clever. I don't think you'll just be able to ask the driver for the other parcel as it has to be scanned within a certain time window and the GPS is logged etc...
Sony don't use a courier, they put your item on their doorstep with your address on it and eventually (because humans are nice honest people) it gets a little closer to its destination each day. This is why they can afford free delivery on everything.

Hope this helps.
When I worked at pencoed factory Sony commercial deliveries. Ie factory to shop used to be a TNT contract so I would have thought they would use TNT. For domestic deliveries as well.
Well they said for tablets specifically it's UKMail, they must use a different courier for each device?
Oh do you know every driver do you?
oliverkennedy10

Oh do you know every driver do you?

In this area yeah I know around 90% of them because it's the same guys every time and I get delivery's to my work daily from them
if it's DPD you can change the delivery day online, but it often takes a few hours to show up on their system.

why are you worrying, if you aren't in, most couriers will reattempt delivery the next day...
I know but im impatient, I like to get it the day im supposed to, not the day after, plus looks like it's coming tomorrow anyway, which suits me fine because I will be in
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants