Groups

Which couriers will cover LCD Monitors?

Selling a monitor, and obviously will want to send it covered. I'm also aware many couriers won't cover these items. Does anyone know which couriers WILL cover this for damage in transit?

9 Comments

Should thing most would provided it's packaged properly

Original Poster

hughwp

Should thing most would provided it's packaged properly

Some of them have exclusions, and if something did happen, I'd like to know its covered. They can be right pain in the backsides some of these couriers

I've had a look throught DHL's terms and conditions and cant find anything about LCD monitors.

Original Poster

Was looking at City Link through Parcel Monkey - can't find any exclusions there - can anyone verify this?

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

Read the prohibited list. LCD screens are sent on a "no-compensation" … Read the prohibited list. LCD screens are sent on a "no-compensation" basis.

Thanks thats what I needed.

This is a real ball-ache trying to find one that will compensate in the eventuality of it being damaged in transit

Original Poster

still not found anything - any new ideas?

Have you looked at Royal Mail special delivery and parcelforce?

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Have you looked at Royal Mail special delivery and parcelforce?

Special Delivery would cost me more than I would get for the screen, so its not an option.

Parcelforce are a joke, so wouldn't even consider them. was hoping something like [email protected], MyHermes or something would be recommended.

bassman_uk

Special Delivery would cost me more than I would get for the screen, so … Special Delivery would cost me more than I would get for the screen, so its not an option.Parcelforce are a joke, so wouldn't even consider them. was hoping something like [email protected], MyHermes or something would be recommended.

I don't thnk myhermes do, I sent something porcelain and they said they only cover loss and had a massive list of exclusions which I think included LCD screens.
    I have found that different courier resellers have different exclusion lists, look at payperparcel as I seem to remember their exclusion list was smaller than parcel2go, also worth looking at interparcel.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions