Which currys TV between £600 and £850?

Found 13th Jan
Hi all, yours views please. I would like a new TV. I currently have a 50" Panasonic plasma HD TV which is 5 years or more. I get 8% discount at Currys hence why I would like to buy there.

I have a Nvidea Shield so a smart TV is not important and neither is 3d or good sound as I use an amp and surround sound system.

I would like a 55" screen size.

So which TV would you all suggest I buy?

TIA
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
deleted800342
Same
Maybe have a look at the tv's at Currys and see if John Lewis or richer sounds have the same one for around the same price. I think Currys are and the other 2 have far superior warranty etc
What are you unhappy with on your current TV and where do you want to see improvement?
Original Poster
EndlessWaves5 h, 19 m ago

What are you unhappy with on your current TV and where do you want to see …What are you unhappy with on your current TV and where do you want to see improvement?

Picture quality only, nothing else matters. Also I want to pass it on to my son for his new flat. Currently I have a Panasonic TX-P50S30B. I have had a look at the LG 55SJ850Vwhich seems quite good. Would an 4K TV have a better picture than my Plasma?
Edited by: "merikiito" 14th Jan
merikiito1 h, 38 m ago

Picture quality only, nothing else matters. Also I want to pass it on to …Picture quality only, nothing else matters. Also I want to pass it on to my son for his new flat. Currently I have a Panasonic TX-P50S30B. I have had a look at the LG 55SJ850Vwhich seems quite good. Would an 4K TV have a better picture than my Plasma?

Generally an IPS TV like that is the worst possible choice coming from a plasma. To get similar dark room performance you're looking at a VA-type LCD panel.

What are you watching? If it's only normal TV then it's a difficult choice at the moment because the focus is on high quality sources and the upscaling/de-noise algorithms are often not brilliant on 4K TVs.

I'd probably lean towards the lower end of the budget, the exciting TVs at the moment are rather more expensive.

Maybe a Samsung M55 model, or Sony's XE70 if you have a 4K source or two.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions