Which Dash cam

Posted 23rd Nov
after owning a Nextbase 312 for only 10 months I'm issues with a low battery.so after a bit or research the batteries are rubbish can anyone recommend a good dashcam with a longevity Tia
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

6 Comments
Get one with a capacitor instead. This will only be powered by ignition, not battery to wear out.
If you are after parking mode or similar you may want to consider hardwiring and/or a battery pack.
Check out a site called blackboxmycar for reviews and guide on installation. Also a YouTube channel called techmoan for some further ideas and help.
Hope that helps.
For reference I am running a blacksys ch-100b, not using parking mode though.
Edited by: "Mugginz" 23rd Nov
Take it apart and replace the battery.
Good chance it has a connector on to some pins you can pull off.
You'll have to measure the battery to find a new one (don't forget thickness too)
The existing battery should have markings saying 3.7v (volts, must be same on new).and a number with "Ma" OR "mah" next to it (something close to the old battery value will be ok, and it shouldn't be much higher as it would make the battery bigger or fatter, aka the wrong battery.
P.s.
If the battery looks puffed up, it's knackered!
Edited by: "esar" 23rd Nov
esar23/11/2019 16:01

Take it apart and replace the battery.Good chance it has a connector on to …Take it apart and replace the battery.Good chance it has a connector on to some pins you can pull off.You'll have to measure the battery to find a new one (don't forget thickness too)The existing battery should have markings saying 3.7v (volts, must be same on new).and a number with "Ma" OR "mah" next to it (something close to the old battery value will be ok, and it shouldn't be much higher as it would make the battery bigger or fatter, aka the wrong battery.P.s.If the battery looks puffed up, it's knackered!

Yes, as above. Have done it on the 212 a few times, so should be just as easy to do on the 312. Not hard to do. Batteries cost about £6 (from china)
Why buy new camera, get battery instead for a few quid
I've got a couple of YI Chinese dashcams, both from Amazon, two years old and have never given me any problems. Only £30 each, with WiFi support. Often posted on HukD, and well-regarded by most people IME.
A119 has been brill for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions