Found 12th Jun 2009
I wanna do some sort of amateur macro photography but also do a bit of landscape.

ive got these two choices from argos. cant decide which is better?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

OR

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

The alpha looks like a better deal to me? But the nikon brand seems a pretty safe bet as well.
HELP

1. Ask
  2. DSLR
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. DSLR
10 Comments

Alpha has more focus points, TBH I have tried both and both are great cameras whichever you choose. :thumbsup:

Nikon for DSLR's for me everytime. Nikon has been the choice of professionals well before Digital

I had a Canon 50e for years and got a 400d 2 years ago, was happy with both, newer models are the 450d and just announced/reviews 500d, I;d wait for a good Canon 450d deal.

Original Poster

schizoboy;5479917

I had a Canon 50e for years and got a 400d 2 years ago, was happy with … I had a Canon 50e for years and got a 400d 2 years ago, was happy with both, newer models are the 450d and just announced/reviews 500d, I;d wait for a good Canon 450d deal.

yeah ideally i wanted the cannon... but cant afford it at current prices

Mclovin;5480429

yeah ideally i wanted the cannon... but cant afford it at current prices

I have a canon 350d and 40d and TBH the Nikon D40's and D60's take a sharper picture IMO without editing afterwards. :thumbsup:

Lovely, the Canon vs Nikon debate..... canon is better (personally). And not much more expensive either 400D Black or silver lens kit £ 299.99, or 450D lens IS kit - £ 449.99. The Nikon D40 is a nice camera, but Canon i think have an edge over Nikon - but this is a personal choice

Have to agree. Nikon v Canon is always a close call and because there is rarely a cigarette paper between them it usually is down to personal preference.

I have a Sony A200 and find it a lot better than the Nikon D40, the shots are more clean and crisps as well.

Original Poster

amcol;5484706

I have a Sony A200 and find it a lot better than the Nikon D40, the shots … I have a Sony A200 and find it a lot better than the Nikon D40, the shots are more clean and crisps as well.

yeah? sony is looking pretty good...

also now have another one.
Olympus E-410
need to find a clear winner
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?47
    2. Driving anxiety.1923
    3. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv33
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed430