Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Which fizzy can/bottle drinks have real sugar & sold in the uk? ie no sugar-free / zero-sugar/no artifical flavour/sweetner suggestions pls.

Posted 25th Dec 2021
Which fizzy can/bottle drinks have real sugar & sold in the uk?
ie no sugar-free / zero-sugar/no artifical flavour/sweetner and not even natural sweetners suggestions pls

Reason for asking is that i want to actual buy them and can't seem to find any.

so please no comments on the ills of sugar or any lectures on the pros & cons or any contrary discussions or condemnations or repremands or admonitions etc

...and also alcohol-free fizzy drinks plse.

Thanks,
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
If you pop into any mid Eastern/Turkish/Kurdish supermarket they tend to sell a lot of imported drinks that don't use sweeteners. That's where I get Mountain Dew from, our UK supermarkets sell some real crap
51 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Appletiser
  2. Avatar
    Champagne
  3. Avatar
    Author
    or su
    psychobitchfromhell25/12/2021 22:15

Champagne

,thanks but none alcoholic fizzy drinks plse,
    however interestingly never heard of a zero-sugar or sugar-free Champagne, have you?
    Edited by: "john4536" 25th Dec 2021
  4. Avatar
    Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their curiosity cola is incredible and tastes a lot like the cola bottles sweets you can buy.

There's also a company called Fever-tree who make amazing drinks, but I think they're mainly used as drink mixers. If I'm remembering correctly I think they make drinks like ginger ale, lemonade, so they could definitely be consumed alone without alcohol.

I'm in exactly the same boat trying to find companies that offer soft drinks without sweeteners. It's unbelievably difficult to find "real" soft drinks ever since the sugar tax.

Also forgot to mention Soda Folk, who have decent cream soda, grape soda, and a few others. Only issue I'll mention is that I ordered their cream soda once and it wasn't as fizzy as usual, which was probably just an issue with the batch.
    Edited by: "Mrcrazyman69" 25th Dec 2021
  5. Avatar
    Author
    Mrcrazyman6925/12/2021 22:26

Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their …Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their curiosity cola is incredible and tastes a lot like the cola bottles sweets you can buy.There's also a company called Fever-tree who make amazing drinks, but I think they're mainly used as drink mixers. If I'm remembering correctly I think they make drinks like ginger ale, lemonade, so they could definitely be consumed alone without alcohol.

thanks, Ocado is doing them at a discount right now

Fentimans Cherry Cola 275ml
    £1.05
    Now £1.05, was £1.30
  6. Avatar
    Mountain Dew I’d say
  7. Avatar
    john453625/12/2021 22:25

or su ,thanks but none alcoholic fizzy drinks plse, however interestingly …or su ,thanks but none alcoholic fizzy drinks plse, however interestingly never heard of a zero-sugar or sugar-free Champagne, have you?

It would be so terribly wrong.
  8. Avatar
    Author

Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their …Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their curiosity cola is incredible and tastes a lot like the cola bottles sweets you can buy.There's also a company called Fever-tree who make amazing drinks, but I think they're mainly used as drink mixers. If I'm remembering correctly I think they make drinks like ginger ale, lemonade, so they could definitely be consumed alone without alcohol.I'm in exactly the same boat trying to find companies that offer soft drinks without sweeteners. It's unbelievably difficult to find "real" soft drinks ever since the sugar tax. Also forgot to mention Soda Folk, who have decent cream soda, grape soda, and a few others. Only issue I'll mention is that I ordered their cream soda once and it wasn't as fizzy as usual, which was probably just an issue with the batch.

and similarly Ocado also has the Soda Folk brand and discounted for now too and 5 diff flavours, i like

Soda Folk Cream Soda 4 x 330ml
    Now £2.75, was £3.75
  9. Avatar

Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their …Fentimans have amazing drinks although they are fairly expensive. Their curiosity cola is incredible and tastes a lot like the cola bottles sweets you can buy.There's also a company called Fever-tree who make amazing drinks, but I think they're mainly used as drink mixers. If I'm remembering correctly I think they make drinks like ginger ale, lemonade, so they could definitely be consumed alone without alcohol.I'm in exactly the same boat trying to find companies that offer soft drinks without sweeteners. It's unbelievably difficult to find "real" soft drinks ever since the sugar tax. Also forgot to mention Soda Folk, who have decent cream soda, grape soda, and a few others. Only issue I'll mention is that I ordered their cream soda once and it wasn't as fizzy as usual, which was probably just an issue with the batch.

I bought the Soda Folk cream soda once, fantastic taste but totally flat and very expensive - never again.
    Edited by: "TheBiker" 25th Dec 2021
  10. Avatar
    TheBiker25/12/2021 22:52

I bought the Soda Folk cream soda once, fantastic taste but totally flat …I bought the Soda Folk cream soda once, fantastic taste but totally flat and very expensive - never again.

Yeah it seems very hit and miss as I've had some arrive fine and others have been flat. It's a shame really as I think they're one of the only British companies to offer traditional cream soda. I've tried American imports but I don't think they're as nice. Hopefully they fix the issue with enough negative feedback.
  11. Avatar
    Author
    TYRONE201225/12/2021 22:40

Mountain Dew I’d say

thanks however harder to find, cld only find the 500ml bottle in sainsburys -

Mountain Dew Citrus Blast 500ml
    Carbonated Citrus Flavoured Soft Drink.
    £1.25

tried them in the USA years ago, didnt know they now sell them in the uk, liked them then so will try it and see if i still like them, but yeah has sugar and no artificial or sweetners etc
    Edited by: "john4536" 25th Dec 2021
  12. Avatar
    I know 7up used to have steviol glycoside which is a natural sweetener but lately I've seen they're using aspartame and acesulfame. Not sure why they changed as it tastes horrible now.

You may still find some cans with steviol glycoside.
    Edited by: "BigBoss85" 26th Dec 2021
  13. Avatar
    Author
    BigBoss8526/12/2021 00:48

I know 7up used to have steviol glycoside which is a natural sweetener but …I know 7up used to have steviol glycoside which is a natural sweetener but lately I've seen they're using aspartame and acesulfame. Not sure why they changed as it tastes horrible now.You may still find some cans with steviol glycoside.

thanks for your post but dont like any kind of sweetners even natural ones, just sugar for me
    Edited by: "john4536" 26th Dec 2021
  14. Avatar
    If you pop into any mid Eastern/Turkish/Kurdish supermarket they tend to sell a lot of imported drinks that don't use sweeteners. That's where I get Mountain Dew from, our UK supermarkets sell some real crap
  15. Avatar
    Some Asian supermarkets in Bradford do crates of imported soda at reasonable prices.

For example £5.99 for a crate of imported 7up original
    Edited by: "northerngeezer" 26th Dec 2021
  16. Avatar
    john453626/12/2021 01:39

thanks for your post but dont like any kind of sweetners even natural …thanks for your post but dont like any kind of sweetners even natural ones, just sugar for me

Agree with you there. I prefer sugar too than artificial sweeteners but there aren't many options out there for us.
  17. Avatar
    Don't drink any fizzy drinks....
  18. Avatar
    I found this Root Beer in my local ASDA recently:
    groceries.asda.com/pro…125

Despite "Beer" in the description there's no beer in it at all, it's a very popular soft drink in the USA.
  19. Avatar
    Author
    FredOnline26/12/2021 08:55

I found this Root Beer in my local ASDA …I found this Root Beer in my local ASDA recently:https://groceries.asda.com/product/drinks/tropical-sun-american-style-root-beer/910002097125Despite "Beer" in the description there's no beer in it at all, it's a very popular soft drink in the USA.

thanks, and it also says 'non-alcoholic' on the can too, plus not expensive so will try it
  20. Avatar
    Isn’t original Coca-Cola only sweetened with sugar.

coca-cola.co.uk/bra…ste

My dad was recently undergoing some medical treatment which affected his taste & he became very sensitive to the taste of artificial sweeteners. I was surprised how difficult it was to buy any soft drinks without them - especially squash etc
    Edited by: "captainbeaky" 26th Dec 2021
  21. Avatar
    sydney87126/12/2021 08:47

Don't drink any fizzy drinks....

They weren’t asking for your opinion on if they should drink carbonated drinks or not 🤐
  22. Avatar
    Irn Bru 1901
    Edited by: "GonzoFK" 26th Dec 2021
  23. Avatar
    I also don’t like drinks with artificial sweeteners and also find that cordials for diluting have also been changed. In saying that if you want a cordial to mix in with water that does not use them - I have found the Bottle Green brand is the best.

usually wait for one of the supermarkets to have them on special at about £2.50 a bottle... helps me to make drinking water more palatable
  24. Avatar
    captainbeaky26/12/2021 09:31

Isn’t original Coca-Cola only sweetened with s …Isn’t original Coca-Cola only sweetened with sugar.https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/brands/coca-cola-original-tasteMy dad was recently undergoing some medical treatment which affected his taste & he became very sensitive to the taste of artificial sweeteners. I was surprised how difficult it was to buy any soft drinks without them - especially squash etc

I thought full fat coke was only sweetened with sugar too, it's about the only one that is.
  25. Avatar
    I know this isn't what you asked, but I had a bottle of red grape Schloer the other day, and I thought it tasted alright- I didn't notice the sweetener.
  26. Avatar
    oli_1_uk26/12/2021 12:24

I thought full fat coke was only sweetened with sugar too, it's about the …I thought full fat coke was only sweetened with sugar too, it's about the only one that is.

The original Pepsi cola is also sweetener-free.
  27. Avatar
    captainbeaky26/12/2021 09:31

Isn’t original Coca-Cola only sweetened with s …Isn’t original Coca-Cola only sweetened with sugar.https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/brands/coca-cola-original-tasteMy dad was recently undergoing some medical treatment which affected his taste & he became very sensitive to the taste of artificial sweeteners. I was surprised how difficult it was to buy any soft drinks without them - especially squash etc

I got this "Rocks Organic Blackcurrant Squash" from Sainsbury's. Quite expensive, but full sugar and pretty good.

sainsburys.co.uk/gol…0ml
  28. Avatar
    Mclwrth26/12/2021 12:40

I think it still has aspartame
  29. Avatar
    GonzoFK26/12/2021 11:09

Irn Bru 1901

I've six cans of the original Irn Bru in a cupboard, no idea of the use by / sell by date on it.

Not sure what to do with it. I was offered £5 a tin at one point.

What about fruit juice and a decent lemonade to flavour or even fizzy water?
    Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 26th Dec 2021
  30. Avatar
    Alexandralocks26/12/2021 14:54

The others might do (Diet, Max, etc.) but the original is still just sugar, which was why I treated myself for Christmas.

46538472_1.jpg
    Edited by: "Mclwrth" 26th Dec 2021
  31. Avatar
    Author
    sustar26/12/2021 11:36

I also don’t like drinks with artificial sweeteners and also find that c …I also don’t like drinks with artificial sweeteners and also find that cordials for diluting have also been changed. In saying that if you want a cordial to mix in with water that does not use them - I have found the Bottle Green brand is the best.usually wait for one of the supermarkets to have them on special at about £2.50 a bottle... helps me to make drinking water more palatable

exactly the same for me as for you, ie i too know about Bottlegreen brand of cordial and i really like this one -

Bottlegreen Ginger & Lemongrass Cordial 500ml
    £2.50

and i too also wait until Sains or Ocado or Morrison has them on discount which is indeed normally around £2.50 (currently this price at Morrison ) and i buy 2 or 3 at the same time and that lasts me a few month and i drink them sparingly inbetween fizzy drinks
  32. Avatar
    Author
    Muig197226/12/2021 12:39

I know this isn't what you asked, but I had a bottle of red grape Schloer …I know this isn't what you asked, but I had a bottle of red grape Schloer the other day, and I thought it tasted alright- I didn't notice the sweetener.

thanks, used to drink Schloer many moons ago as its been around for ages so not that bad taste-wise but it does now has sweetener ie sucralose, not sure if it was so before though re the sucralose

Mclwrth26/12/2021 12:40

thanks, however dont really like Pepsi, a bit too flat for me, but finding the original Pepsi like other original fizzy drink is a right headache
  33. Avatar
    john453626/12/2021 17:57

thanks, used to drink Schloer many moons ago as its been around for ages …thanks, used to drink Schloer many moons ago as its been around for ages so not that bad taste-wise but it doesnt now has sweetener ie sucralose, not sure if it was so before though re the sucralose (y)thanks, however dont really like Pepsi, a bit too flat for me, but finding the original Pepsi like other original fizzy drink is a right headache

Yeah, it was what we were given as kids with our xmas meal, as a sort of "wine substitute" while the adults had the real thing!

I'm certain it used to be full-sugar, but as with so many soft drinks the formula has now been tampered with.
  34. Avatar
    Author
    Muig197226/12/2021 12:42

I got this "Rocks Organic Blackcurrant Squash" from Sainsbury's. Quite …I got this "Rocks Organic Blackcurrant Squash" from Sainsbury's. Quite expensive, but full sugar and pretty good. https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/squash/rocks-organic-blackcurrant-squash-740ml

thanks, something else ive never heard of or tried and is

Free From Artificial Colours

Free From Artificial Flavours

Free From Artificial Sweeteners

which is great!

Alexandralocks26/12/2021 14:54

and aspartame is def not good too
  35. Avatar
    Author
    cheekyweegit26/12/2021 14:55

I've six cans of the original Irn Bru in a cupboard, no idea of the use by …I've six cans of the original Irn Bru in a cupboard, no idea of the use by / sell by date on it.Not sure what to do with it. I was offered £5 a tin at one point.What about fruit juice and a decent lemonade to flavour or even fizzy water?

fruit juice is ok too if you can find 100% juice as those tend not to have sweetners in them or artifical junk and ask for fizzy water, not a bad suggestion but no sugarrrrrr lol so if i do get those it will go nicely with some the sugar-ful cordial mentioned about like the Bottlegreen or Rocks Organic ones
  36. Avatar
    Rio Tropical Cans
  37. Avatar
    Author
    navo526/12/2021 18:38

Rio Tropical Cans

thanks for that, but where can one get these - tried Sains, Morrisons and Ocado and none do them?
  38. Avatar
    Most Asian supermarkets sell them.
    Around £12 for for a case of 24.
    A bit pricey but it is a really nice refreshing drink
  39. Avatar
    john453626/12/2021 17:51

exactly the same for me as for you, ie i too know about Bottlegreen brand …exactly the same for me as for you, ie i too know about Bottlegreen brand of cordial and i really like this one -Bottlegreen Ginger & Lemongrass Cordial 500ml£2.50and i too also wait until Sains or Ocado or Morrison has them on discount which is indeed normally around £2.50 (currently this price at Morrison ) and i buy 2 or 3 at the same time and that lasts me a few month and i drink them sparingly inbetween fizzy drinks

That is the flavour I have open at the moment. Got a couple of bottles on Christmas Eve from Waitrose as they were £2.50 that day. Like you I drink the cordial in between full sugar fizzy drink such as Coca Cola or Pepsi
Post a comment
Top Merchants