Groups

Which Fuel Do you use in your car?

I have filled up twice in my life on Tesco fuel and my car (two different cars) sturred all the way until the tank was empty

I now totally avoid Tesco petrol stations

I once filled up at Waitrose and my car's Trip computer went nuts and was reading like 20 MPG

Today I filled up at Murco .. only driven 2 miles on it .. any thoughts or observations on fuel from different garages?

23 Comments

shell all th way
    tesco dilute their petrol haha

Banned

Sturred?

Found it depends on the car. Used to own an alfa 156 and it really didn't like supermarket fuel and used to stutter all over the place. In fact it was only really happy on super unleaded. Have a little skoda now and it doesn't care what fuel it gets which is good as it tends to get the cheapest.

Vegetable oil...
    ...joking I don't have a car :whistling:

I have a DeLorean, and run it on stolen plutonium from terrorists.

Marty

Banned

Pluun;5717648

Sturred?

+1 :thumbsup:

Here we go again.

cribert;5717630

tesco dilute their petrol haha

PMSL !

BP Ultimate in my Honda ..........

radiocde;5717906

I have a DeLorean, and run it on stolen plutonium from terrorists. Marty

Repped:thumbsup:

Doc

I find it depends on my mood. Sometimes I quite fancy putting petrol in, but my diesel car doesn't like it.

Epic thread BTW:thumbsup:

I filled up at Tesco and got 40 miles more out of a tank :?

Car is running really well now too, as it's now done 12 000 miles it's probably nicely run in. Getting around 580 on a tank of Diesl now (Vectra 1.9Cdti)

How you drive your car makes all the difference to the consumption

radiocde;5717906

lol!

don't notice any difference in the consumption no matter where we fill up...

maybe your car is sensitive

I can't use supermarket fuel in my Fiat Multipla, It set's the trip computer off and gives a warning message ever time it's started up, Resulting in me having to have the ECU reset.

It gives the fault "Catalyst Malfunction" And "Lambda Sensor faulty".

I was told by the garage to avoid the supermarkets because a lot of cars don't the additives they put in the fuel.

They reset the ECU and I've been using Jet,Esso,Texaco,BP and Shell etc.

It's been fine since.

radiocde;5717906

I was an agency driver for Comets driving a 7.5T DAF truck. Which in confusion between me and the amazingly named 'drivers mate'

We filled up with £90 worth of petrol. Luckily we realised before we drove it. Which reduced the repair bill by only being charged for towing and emptying the tank.

Amazingly I kept my job! At the time they had trouble getting drivers. The bill was an amzing £600+

Banned

shauneco;5718663

I can't use supermarket fuel in my Fiat Multipla, It set's the trip … I can't use supermarket fuel in my Fiat Multipla, It set's the trip computer off and gives a warning message ever time it's started up, Resulting in me having to have the ECU reset.It gives the fault "Catalyst Malfunction" And "Lambda Sensor faulty". I was told by the garage to avoid the supermarkets because a lot of cars don't the additives they put in the fuel.They reset the ECU and I've been using Jet,Esso,Texaco,BP and Shell etc.It's been fine since.

It might just be a sign that you shouldn't be driving around in this..
    http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/40-fiat-multipla.jpg

Shell V Power

Banned

jtx;5721057

Shell V Power

Why? ...

I wonder why our car isnt bothered what we put in it.

Pluun;5722021

Why? ...

My Impreza runs much better on V Power, so I also use it in the Type R:thumbsup:

Banned

jtx;5722173

My Impreza runs much better on V Power, so I also use it in the Type … My Impreza runs much better on V Power, so I also use it in the Type R:thumbsup:

Isn't that telling you it's not tuned correctly for the reccomended fuel?

Pluun;5723406

Isn't that telling you it's not tuned correctly for the reccomended fuel?

Probably:oops:

But if I had it remapped for 95ron I'd loose some power. Some cars respond well to higher octane fuel, the Impreza being one of them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions