Which gloves are best?

Found 2nd Aug 2017
I work in a supermarket and my hands get tiny cuts from cardboard boxes which is annoying. I was thinking about buying some gloves which are breathable, easy to wear and remove but are also protective and flexible. Im looking for something between builders gloves and them thin nitrile gloves. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Community Updates
AskGloves
Top comments
Have a word with your employer - it is their responsibility to supply you with the appropriate protective equipment.
9 Comments
Have a look in T K Max where the bike and car bits are. Sometimes you can get gloves for that kind of job.
Have a word with your employer - it is their responsibility to supply you with the appropriate protective equipment.
I have used THESE for the very purpose you describe. The gritty rubber palm/finger area grips the cardboard well yet the fabric on the top of your hand is stretchy and keeps hand cool. They do different sizes and colours so best to go in and try.
Edited by: "TPGone" 3rd Aug 2017
Click 2000 puggy gloves....Google it.
As what Van1973 says - get your employer to get you some, it's their responsibility.
I was always given them when I worked in retail, were thickish elasticated but breathable and one side was covered it tiny rubber dots for grip. We always had loads knocking about. I'd ask at work, I imagine they have something similar.
Agree with Van1973. They need to provide you with the correct safety equipment. Its their responsibility.
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 3rd Aug 2017
I have the same problem, I've tried every glove you can think of but in the end I've settled for a cheap £1 black pair from The Range, grippy rubber on the palm side but still thin and breathable. They last about a month before the rubber wears too much (various pound shops also sell similar).
The thicker ones I find are to awkard to work with, I've tried expensive ones too but they still only last at most 2-3months.

Work does provide gloves but only 1 pair every so often.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants