Groups

Which graphics card for under £80 ?

I need to upgrade my graphics card as my current one now won't play some of the later games.

I'm not a total gaming buff, so my budget is £80.

I was thinking of getting a Radeon HD 4670 1GB card, which you can get for about £75.

Can anybody recommend this card, or suggest an alternative that is worth looking at?

Cheers

8 Comments

The 4670 is a decent card but dont waste money on the 1gb ,512mb is plenty,
    play.com/PC/…ard

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Daft question - apart from £1 what's the difference between the two HD 4670 cards on Play?

play.com/PC/…tml

play.com/PC/…tml

The only thing that I can see is the memory (128 Vs 256 bit).
    (I'm not well up on graphics cards.)

Cheers

I am pretty sure they are both 128bit and that is just a spelling mistake.Sapphire is a known company with a decent warranty so i would go with that one,

One thing is this card is a bit noisy when playing games and if that matters to you you may be better with the powercolor which has a quieter cooler,
    awd-it.com/scr…097

Original Poster

Thanks again.

The Powercolot is where I started, but I think that fan looks a bit too wide for my mobo. If it was on the other side it wouldn't be a problem. :-(

The space available might constrain me to the Sapphire.

Original Poster

On checking, both these cards are too deep and would not fit due to the card in the slot below.

So - I'm now trying to find a card that fits in a single slot, or has the fan/heatsink on the 'top'.

Original Poster

Thanks tonyg1962 & emasu, but I went for this in the end: okobe.co.uk/ws/…4bs

rep added for your help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions