Which grocery delivery offers best value, decent offers, reasonable delivery cost

Posted 29th Jan
Thinking OCADO annual charge which works out at just over £4 a month but have to be selective with what you buy as Ocado/Waitrose are sometimes more pricey
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Ocado for me but you will need to do top ups elsewhere as the problem being some of their stuff is really expensive, but my best shops have always been Ocado.

Iceland do free del over £35 which can be useful but lack of selection makes it a bit of a headache.

Sainsburys do some very cheap del slots.

Tesco and Asda for me have become a no go unless it's midweek deliveries as their delivery prices are too high.
£4 del charge? You can get it lower than that as i was on a special of 1.99 a month and the next year i got 2.99

You get a fair bit back as when it's your anniversary with them they send you a £10 coupon to use on drinks or chocolates.
m1keyp1key29/01/2020 20:03

£4 del charge? You can get it lower than that as i was on a special of …£4 del charge? You can get it lower than that as i was on a special of 1.99 a month and the next year i got 2.99 You get a fair bit back as when it's your anniversary with them they send you a £10 coupon to use on drinks or chocolates.

£4 per month but yeah I used to be in a special with them too, those days are over.
if you are just looking for value for money and are not bothered about quality or half of the order not being available, then i would say Asda. cheap as chips.

if you are looking for quality food and cheap delivery costs then i would say sainsburys. i don't rate ocado or waitrose as they are not value for money. waitrose is fine for picking up the odd food here and there but i find they are not competitive in pricing to the other supermarkets.
davewave29/01/2020 20:11

£4 per month but yeah I used to be in a special with them too, those days …£4 per month but yeah I used to be in a special with them too, those days are over.

I've been with them years and i never pay high del charges. Even when i didn't have a smart pass i'd look at deliveries and there would be slots that didnt cost anything.

They also give me alot of offers, currently got 3 vouchers for my next 3 slots, £15, £10 and £10.

Also the other day they couldn't deliver because the driver got caught in accident where the road was blocked for at least 7 hours. They emailed me to say delivery had been cancelled and gave me a £25 voucher. Wasn't even their fault, and yes it did put us out a bit but i thought that was great of them to do that. Reordered for the next day and got £85 worth of stuff for £25.
I would go with Tesco's or Sainsbury's. They both have competitive offers. Only use waitrose for small bits now.
Ocado don't charge for delivery on lots of slots, if you spend over £75.00.
+1 for tesco

Easiest website, free delivery after 1 year as the accumulated clubcard vouchers pay for the annual delivery saver, easy to spot favourites on offer, great mobile app, 99% of items ordered get delivered and excellent substitution policy.

Tried them all. Sainsbury and ocado too expensive. Asda struggled to deliver even 90% of each order. Morrisons aren't too bad.
Edited by: "chocci" 30th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants