Which inflatable air tent?

Found 29th Jul
Hi, During a recent camping trip we noticed a family setting up a Vango air tent which literally took minutes to set up and just as quick to take down. Whereas it took us well over an hour in 30 degrees heat :-(

I've started looking around but every time I read a review there always seems to be problems -
Halfords Urban Escape - issues with valves and poor quality material
Berghaus Air 4 - issues with the zip / door
Airgo Horizon 4 - tight fit for 4 people

We are a family of 4 and looking to spend around £300. More than happy to purchase 2nd hand if its had little use / comes with receipt. Just want something where we wont get issues and will last a good number of years.

Welcome any recommendations
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
A group of us used to go camping and one family bought one when they were £800. Probably saved them 30 mins/1hr in total per trip. Maybe less as they have to fully deflate things to get them back in the bag. But if you put the tent up on your own, it would be a great bonus. 5 years further on, they have leaks while we still have working poles.

Fewer places to hang towels etc to dry.

Is it really worth it? Not for us
Quechua from decathlon. That's where mine is from.
psychobitchfromhell55 m ago

Quechua from decathlon. That's where mine is from.

What's it like in heavy rain as I was put off by the 2000mm rating. They recommend between 4000mm - 6000mm.
The Berghaus is 6000mm
skyking_comms19 m ago

What's it like in heavy rain as I was put off by the 2000mm rating. They …What's it like in heavy rain as I was put off by the 2000mm rating. They recommend between 4000mm - 6000mm. The Berghaus is 6000mm

I've Not had it out in the rain as this is the first season. This is our third quechua tent though and I've never had any leaks and we've had them out in the worst weather imaginable
Son has bought an Outwell.

It is well made and they are very pleased with it, but.... they are very expensive.
hottoast57 m ago

Son has bought an Outwell.It is well made and they are very pleased with …Son has bought an Outwell.It is well made and they are very pleased with it, but.... they are very expensive.

Liking the look of the Outwell Up + Away 500
Loved it when I seen one been put up for the first time great idea but then a few days in one of the tubes collapsed they packed up and went early while we were still going strong.
larrylightweight20 m ago

Loved it when I seen one been put up for the first time great idea but …Loved it when I seen one been put up for the first time great idea but then a few days in one of the tubes collapsed they packed up and went early while we were still going strong.

I believe this is a common fault with the cheap ones from aldi. Mine came with a puncture repair kit.
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 59 m ago

I've Not had it out in the rain as this is the first season. This is our …I've Not had it out in the rain as this is the first season. This is our third quechua tent though and I've never had any leaks and we've had them out in the worst weather imaginable

Do you have the Quechua air seconds 4.1 xl - seems to get good reviews and is only £200
skyking_comms24 m ago

Do you have the Quechua air seconds 4.1 xl - seems to get good reviews and …Do you have the Quechua air seconds 4.1 xl - seems to get good reviews and is only £200

34534795-ZlkOH.jpgours is Last year's model which I got cheap end of last season. The £200 one has a bigger porch area. Piece of cake to put up and down. I'm only five foot tall and I can do it
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

[Image] ours is Last year's model which I got cheap end of last season. …[Image] ours is Last year's model which I got cheap end of last season. The £200 one has a bigger porch area. Piece of cake to put up and down. I'm only five foot tall and I can do it

Would you say it fits 2 double airbeds for 2 adults and 2 children?
skyking_comms7 m ago

Would you say it fits 2 double airbeds for 2 adults and 2 children?

I only had one air bed in it and it seemed cavernous. Have you looked at the video on the website. I'm sure that shows a family of four in it
Just checked it and looks like 4 sleeping bags fitted ok :-)
Went camping years ago with the Cubs then Scouts and now a family man

we decided, after looking at many Tents, to purchase the Berghaus Air 6..and what a tent it is

While all the other campers were trying to pitch their poled tents all I was doing was pumping up the arches then pegged it all down. Very easy to deflate, just push every air button (5 in total) and it all deflates.

Absolutely fantastic tent and holds comfortably 6 people but we only have 4 so plenty of space, we have also just purchased the Porch section which will allow us to keep the gas stove, food etc so looking forward to trying that out next time

The only time we had trouble with the door is when your too quick and the zip gets stuck on the material, take your time unzipping or zipping up the doors and you’ll be fine

34535371-MHZZm.jpg
Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 6th Aug
Can't help with the tent but it does remind me when I was a kid someone had come up with an inflatable based tent so you could float in the tent like a water bed - thought it was brilliant at the time, but I guess it never took off - unless you put it up in a river
saxo_appeal22 h, 23 m ago

Went camping year ago with the Cubs then Scouts and now a family man we …Went camping year ago with the Cubs then Scouts and now a family man we decided, after looking at many Tents, to purchase the Berghaus Air 6..and what a tent it isWhile all the other campers were trying to pitch their poled tents all I was doing was pumping up the arches then pegged it all down. Very easy to deflate, just push every air button (5 in total) and it all deflates.Absolutely fantastic tent and holds comfortably 6 people but we only have 4 so plenty of space, we have also just purchased the Porch section which will allow us to keep the gas stove, food etc so looking forward to trying that out next time The only time we had trouble with the door is when your too quick and the zip gets stuck on the material, take your time unzipping or zipping up the doors and you’ll be fine

I think the zip problem is only on the Air 4. The Air 6 is out of my price range unfortunately and they seem to hold their price second hand
We bought the Airgo Stratus from go outdoors last year. We shopped around quite a bit before deciding on it. Its a really well made tent, it has lots of little features. We went for the package with the porch and footprint. Footprint is a must with this type of tent as the groundsheet is built in. A family member has the Berghause 6 and its not a patch on the airgo tbh. Although the package is out of your price range you could maybe purchase the tent this year and the porch next. The porch more or less doubles the size of the tent, and it zips toghether quite easily.

My advice would to be to go and look at a tent display, seeing them side by side shows why some are more expensive than others.
Many thanks to @psychobitchfromhell as I managed to buy the same Quechua air seconds 4 xl. So far really pleased with it!

Now I'm just looking for a good camping stove that would work for a family of 4. Welcome any recommendations..
skyking_comms36 m ago

Many thanks to @psychobitchfromhell as I managed to buy the same Quechua …Many thanks to @psychobitchfromhell as I managed to buy the same Quechua air seconds 4 xl. So far really pleased with it! Now I'm just looking for a good camping stove that would work for a family of 4. Welcome any recommendations..

I've just bought this. Off camping for the first time with it this weekend so I can't say how good it is but the reviews aren't had for the price. B&Q have regulators and hoses in their sale at the moment too. I bought a new hose for a quid
halfords.com/cam…new
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 5th Aug
Buy a burner that has sides beside the gas as it stops the wind messing with the flame, which will completely slow down your cook time, that’s of course if your cooking outside and not in the porch section.

We went for this and you need to purchase the small gas cylinder separately, I got one off EBay from a 100% seller

amazon.co.uk/gp/…tle
Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 6th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants