Which iPad Pro?

Posted 26th Aug 2020
Hello,

My iPad Pro 10.5 stopped working and I got 60% back from Currys. Took nearly 5 weeks to get that sorted. It was out of warranty. Anyway, can anyone recommend a current model that might be worthwhile or is it worth waiting for refresh? Bit out of the loop. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
How did you manage to get a partial refund?
Wadda26/08/2020 19:20

How did you manage to get a partial refund?

It stopped working when they were closed and I took it in just after the warranty had expired. They said they would honour it and that was only option as they wouldn't provide a replacement.
Depends on what you use it for... I use an 11 inch 2018 Pro having upgraded from the 9.7inch Pro. I did a fair bit of research and tested both sizes (11inch vs 12.9inch) and found the 11 to be the perfect size.

My usage isn’t the heaviest but I do use it daily. YouTube/Netflix etc. Looks great and the screen is a good size. I tend to travel a fair bit for work so it’s the perfect size to stuff into my bag and use on trains and stuff when I’m not driving.

I also use it with the 2nd gen Apple Pencil for taking notes and answering maths based questions for some studies I’m doing. Personally I find it to be so much more convenient than pen and paper, especially as all my notes sync between my iPad, iPhone, MacBook etc. So I can access anything anytime. I used to use the 1st gen Pencil with my 9.7inch for uni at the time and it was great but the 2nd gen is noticeable better.

I’ve only really used the camera for a couple of a test shots and they came out pretty good. No complaints really. The latest 2020 models have improved cameras anyway so I’d imagine they take some solid shots. Probably best to check out a few YouTube videos for camera tests if you’re interested in that though.

I occasionally play some games on it too - CoD Mobile and similar. Runs everything really well, no complaints here. But my gaming experience on the iPad is limited as I have my consoles and PC for the real games.

Overall definitely recommend looking into the latest 11inch Pro. Personally feel the 12.9inch is overkill for most people (especially considering the price difference). I should mention I’ve worked in retail selling these things so I understand that for some people the 12.9 inches of screen is absolutely necessary so I’m not saying it’s not worth a look, just perhaps not the best value for money depending on your usage. (Then again, this is Apple so “value for money” is debatable, but I’m not getting into that ).

Hope this novel has been somewhat helpful 🏼
I have a 12.9’ pro , get that you won’t be disappointed
An iPad failing after just 12 months? Software or hardware?
ashmac26/08/2020 22:58

I have a 12.9’ pro , get that you won’t be disappointed

Did you buy it out right or have you got it on contract?
Edited by: "Craig2018" 27th Aug
madoka_ayukawa27/08/2020 01:55

An iPad failing after just 12 months? Software or hardware?

It had a boot loop issue and wouldn't restore despite trying different cables and device. It brought up an error 4013. I went to the Apple store and they said go to the retailer.
Edited by: "moh223" 27th Aug
omii123456789026/08/2020 21:27

Depends on what you use it for... I use an 11 inch 2018 Pro having …Depends on what you use it for... I use an 11 inch 2018 Pro having upgraded from the 9.7inch Pro. I did a fair bit of research and tested both sizes (11inch vs 12.9inch) and found the 11 to be the perfect size. My usage isn’t the heaviest but I do use it daily. YouTube/Netflix etc. Looks great and the screen is a good size. I tend to travel a fair bit for work so it’s the perfect size to stuff into my bag and use on trains and stuff when I’m not driving. I also use it with the 2nd gen Apple Pencil for taking notes and answering maths based questions for some studies I’m doing. Personally I find it to be so much more convenient than pen and paper, especially as all my notes sync between my iPad, iPhone, MacBook etc. So I can access anything anytime. I used to use the 1st gen Pencil with my 9.7inch for uni at the time and it was great but the 2nd gen is noticeable better. I’ve only really used the camera for a couple of a test shots and they came out pretty good. No complaints really. The latest 2020 models have improved cameras anyway so I’d imagine they take some solid shots. Probably best to check out a few YouTube videos for camera tests if you’re interested in that though. I occasionally play some games on it too - CoD Mobile and similar. Runs everything really well, no complaints here. But my gaming experience on the iPad is limited as I have my consoles and PC for the real games. Overall definitely recommend looking into the latest 11inch Pro. Personally feel the 12.9inch is overkill for most people (especially considering the price difference). I should mention I’ve worked in retail selling these things so I understand that for some people the 12.9 inches of screen is absolutely necessary so I’m not saying it’s not worth a look, just perhaps not the best value for money depending on your usage. (Then again, this is Apple so “value for money” is debatable, but I’m not getting into that ). Hope this novel has been somewhat helpful 🏼

Very helpful. Thanks. Might check Mobile Tech Review channel as I like her reviews.
Edited by: "moh223" 27th Aug
Craig201827/08/2020 06:56

Did you buy it out right or have you got it on contract?

It’s first gen , paid £200 off a lady on shpock like new not mark on it and this was 12 months ago . Battery great and lighting fast still
Post a comment
@
    Text