Which Iphone would be best and why ?
Need a good camera and good battery
Please help

Thanks
Community Updates
AskApplePhones
Top comments
Samsung galaxy s8
First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different answer
22 Comments
Samsung galaxy s8
Comedy post of the year goes to you
Mine is an 8 and it’s super fast and battery life great. You prob get a good deal after Xmas if you aren’t in an hurry
For me, the iPhone SE. It’s the best looking, excellent camera, the battery is decent and it’s not absolutely huge! I managed to get a 64GB 2nd hand for £200 online.
The battery life on iPhones is awful. I have the Samsung galaxy s8 and the battery is so good. I charged this yesterday afternoon and I still have 15% left which is 3.5 hours of power. My partner has the Google Pixel and his battery is even better plus it charges so quickly.
First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different answer
Avoid anything lower than the 6s as apple are slowing them down, obviously the x will be the best
Depends if you refer to IPhone the brand, or iPhone as a synonym for "smart phone".

You probably need to provide details though - bought outright (sim free) or contract. Then, what Budget?
I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Apple's iPhones slowed to tackle ageing batteries - bbc.co.uk/new…745
"Please help".

It's really a cry for help rather than a request for phone advice.
I've alerted the Scientology hot response team who will be there to de-programme you within the hour once they've finished watching Top Gun.
My iPhone 8 is ace for battery tbh. I have only had it a few months but I’m always on it and only charge like once every 2 days.
iPhone x
Well aren't they slowing down previous models? I do think they are good phones but that is just really annoying.
deleted1597344
moomoomeemee1 h, 51 m ago

Well aren't they slowing down previous models? I do think they are good …Well aren't they slowing down previous models? I do think they are good phones but that is just really annoying.

Yes they are and have openly admitted it, apparently it’s for the users benefit ... and not Apple.

Im seriously thinking of ditching my 7 Plus and getting a Samsung when the S9 becomes available next year (only if the fingerprint sensor is on the front that is).
Was thinking of getting without a contract so sim free.
Currently have the Samsung s6.
To be honest I mostly want an iphone because of the quality of photos/videos on social media (Snapchat/Instagram).
have been with Samsung for the passed 4/5 years.
Although I love samsung I would like to try a new model of the Iphone.
Samsung have a fast charging plug that comes when buying the phone but on iphone you would need to buy that separately which is kinda annoying.

Also heard the iphone 7 and iphone 8 are very similair so no point of spending more on the iphone 8?
In response to the battery slowing the phone down thing. Get a lower model second hand and you can get Apple to replace it for £70 (which doesn’t mean the warranty will be void) or to places in your town centre which replace a battery for £40. Once the battery is replaced you have a super fast phone again.
kaney196751 m ago

In response to the battery slowing the phone down thing. Get a lower model …In response to the battery slowing the phone down thing. Get a lower model second hand and you can get Apple to replace it for £70 (which doesn’t mean the warranty will be void) or to places in your town centre which replace a battery for £40. Once the battery is replaced you have a super fast phone again.

£70 for a new battery is ridiculous and the £40 ones from after market stores won't be genuine apple batteries so will probably still run at half speed, A bit of a minefield. You might as well just buy a cheap replacement and do it yourself and hope for the best but now Apple have confirmed that they're deliberately slowing them down I do wonder why you would buy into such an ecosystem.
mattmerch15 h, 2 m ago

First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different …First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different answer

weird, looks like that's what you did too.........
Just having a laugh / honest opinion... Your comment was more irrelevant than mine tbh.
Next time quote me 'cos I don't get notifications, tia. x
Faz1022nd Dec

Was thinking of getting without a contract so sim free. Currently have the …Was thinking of getting without a contract so sim free. Currently have the Samsung s6.To be honest I mostly want an iphone because of the quality of photos/videos on social media (Snapchat/Instagram).have been with Samsung for the passed 4/5 years.Although I love samsung I would like to try a new model of the Iphone. Samsung have a fast charging plug that comes when buying the phone but on iphone you would need to buy that separately which is kinda annoying.Also heard the iphone 7 and iphone 8 are very similair so no point of spending more on the iphone 8?

well thats defo not apple phone you want
deleted159734422nd Dec 2017

Yes they are and have openly admitted it, apparently it’s for the users b …Yes they are and have openly admitted it, apparently it’s for the users benefit ... and not Apple.Im seriously thinking of ditching my 7 Plus and getting a Samsung when the S9 becomes available next year (only if the fingerprint sensor is on the front that is).

Using one right now and haven't noticed it being slower.
mattmerch21st Dec

First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different …First rule of Hukd ignore request of thread and give completely different answer

sometimes the answer is not what you expect, but it is better than you would get if you google as you get people's advice and real opinion/experience
Faz1022nd Dec

Was thinking of getting without a contract so sim free. Currently have the …Was thinking of getting without a contract so sim free. Currently have the Samsung s6.To be honest I mostly want an iphone because of the quality of photos/videos on social media (Snapchat/Instagram).have been with Samsung for the passed 4/5 years.Although I love samsung I would like to try a new model of the Iphone. Samsung have a fast charging plug that comes when buying the phone but on iphone you would need to buy that separately which is kinda annoying.Also heard the iphone 7 and iphone 8 are very similair so no point of spending more on the iphone 8?

I heard that Samsung was pretty good for photos?

Do you do any after-processing on your shots? If not I recommend an app called Aviary it's very good at 'fixing' photos and adding special affects such as blur, frames, adjusting sharpness etc etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants