Groups

Which is a better TV the LG 55uh850v or Panny dx750

Stuck between these two sets as I like the look of both and seem good at this price point.

5 Comments

Are you say, both are very solid TVs.

The DX750 has better contrast but worse viewing angles, the UH850 has a better selection of apps. I think they both have 3D support but I'm not sure which is better. The LG apparently has pretty awful local dimming, although the Panasonic's is also very limited. The LG is supposed to have good built in speakers.

Is there anything you particularly do or don't want from a TV?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Are you say, both are very solid TVs. The DX750 has better contrast but … Are you say, both are very solid TVs. The DX750 has better contrast but worse viewing angles, the UH850 has a better selection of apps. I think they both have 3D support but I'm not sure which is better. The LG apparently has pretty awful local dimming, although the Panasonic's is also very limited. The LG is supposed to have good built in speakers.Is there anything you particularly do or don't want from a TV?

I'm just after a decent TV to upgrade my old Panasonic Plasma G20. Thanks for advice mate

I've the uh50. The dimming is horrendous when it's first noticed. You can never unsee it. Wish I'd known before I bought
    Edited by: "smith2001uk" 23rd Feb

don't buy a TV based on just reviews, go to a shop somewhere and see them in use, ideally with a variety of HD and SD material, take some on a USB stick (_;)

Star trek the next generation opening credits/sequence is all you'll need to see if it suffers from dimming
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions