Groups

Which is best mobile samsung s7, oneplus3 or huawei P9

Looking for advice. My daughter is wanting a new phone for her birhday and I cant decide which is best.

Samsung Galaxy s7

One plus 3

Or the Huawei P9

She likes to take photos/videos and play games can anybody recommend which would be best. I like the samsung but not sure with all the problems they are having. The Huawei P9 seems to have the best camera and can take a micro sd card. Oneplus 3 can take 2 sims but cant take micro sd card .

It will be her first decent phone as she has always had my old phones. Thanks for any help

18 Comments

Scratch my comment - look at this instead - pcadvisor.co.uk/tes…24/
    Edited by: "tomwatts" 11th Oct 2016

Whats your budget and are you looking for contract or payg

Original Poster

looking to pay about £200 to £400. wanting to get payg. If I can get a good phone with good spec for less it would be a bonus.

I'd also take into consideration the size of these devices if it is for your daughter. The oneplus might be a great phone but the size might be off putting of her and leaving it more prone to being dropped.
    Oneplus 3 - 74.7 width
    S7 - 69.6
    P9 - 70.9

Has she ever tried any of these devices herself or similar to be sure size wise?

For your daughter I'd edge for the S7 between the above as the screen outshines the rest also.
    Oneplus 3 - 1080x1920 - 401ppi
    S7 - 1440x2560 - 557ppi
    P9 - 1080x1920 - 423ppi

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 11th Oct 2016

Original Poster

She has been using my old samsung s3 and sometimes pinches my s5 as the s3 has had it....

soso11

She has been using my old samsung s3 and sometimes pinches my s5 as the … She has been using my old samsung s3 and sometimes pinches my s5 as the s3 has had it....

The S5 is 72.5, now I know it doesn't sound much difference but by the time you add a case etc it can mean a lot. Personally I have a Nexus 6P which is 3mm wider than my friends oneplus3 but I much prefer the width of his phone in my hand. The S7 is also the sturdier of the three phones adding some waterproofing and we all know with larger phones how much easier they are prone to falls etc.
    If any help at all between a Oneplus 3, S7 Edge and my Nexus 6P my friends all prefer my 6P despite the size of it! Can't comment of the full P9 as another friend bought the P9 Lite but is happy with it from the price point.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 11th Oct 2016

Budget wise, its either the Oneplus 3, P9 or as cecil said, the 6P

all are pretty similar in fairness & don't think you'll go too far wrong with either of them.. If I had to choose.. I'd probably go with the Oneplus 3 but only because my Oneplus One has been brilliant. I haven't tried Oxygen OS but heard it's like base android.

Phonearena look pretty good for comparing.. although I can't vouch for all the info being correct!

>>> I like the samsung but not sure with all the problems they are having.

The problem are only affecting the Galaxy Note 7.

They have sold millions of other Galaxy phones with no problems.

Mind you a Galaxy S7 is going to cost you over £500.
    Edited by: "guilbert53" 11th Oct 2016

Scratch the S7, you may have read that Samsung have stopped all production and told customers to stop using them.

Of the others listed, I would choose the P9, but have you looked at the Xiaomi "HongMi" Note4?? Dual SIM/microSD slot.
    Xiaomi also do regularly software/firmware updates; I still get them every month or two for my original Note 3G, so you will be assured of security/bug fixes for a couple of years at least.

Gentle_Giant

Scratch the S7, you may have read that Samsung have stopped all … Scratch the S7, you may have read that Samsung have stopped all production and told customers to stop using them.Of the others listed, I would choose the P9, but have you looked at the Xiaomi "HongMi" Note4?? Dual SIM/microSD slot.Xiaomi also do regularly software/firmware updates; I still get them every month or two for my original Note 3G, so you will be assured of security/bug fixes for a couple of years at least.

You may have read the totally wrong article. It is the Note 7 not the S7. The S7 has been around since Feb this year and no issues. I'm by no means a Samsung fan btw! Hate how they take forever in moving onto the latest android versions or quickly abandoning phones in moving to the next release when spec wise they are more than capable of running. Sometimes in the case of Xiaomi and Oneplus having lots of updates is not a good thing. You find the updates are more to fix what they messed up with the last update and not really that quick either in moving onto the next OS when it is out, don't we all also hate having updates every few weeks requiring phone restarts etc etc then finding something else now broken with said update. Just take a look around the official oneplus3 issue log with each "update" release. Hardware specific but hopefully with Android 7.1 we will have seemingless updates being performed in the background but dear knows how long this will take to add to non-Nexus/Pixel phones.

You won't go far wrong with a oneplus 3 considering the spec and price difference it's a no brainer

For the money you can't beat the OnePlus 3, it's an excellent device.

can't fault my one plus 3. great bit of kit. can't comment on the other phones tho other than a personal hatred of Samsung, never felt their products were good as so many issues (used to sell lots of Samsung products and saw more probs with them than any other make)

P9 owner,lovely phone,superb camera,and using Giffgaff,very happy.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses and help.

S7. Good camera. Screen n battery

cecilmcroberts

You may have read the totally wrong article. It is the Note 7 not the S7. … You may have read the totally wrong article. It is the Note 7 not the S7. The S7 has been around since Feb this year and no issues. I'm by no means a Samsung fan btw! Hate how they take forever in moving onto the latest android versions or quickly abandoning phones in moving to the next release when spec wise they are more than capable of running. Sometimes in the case of Xiaomi and Oneplus having lots of updates is not a good thing. You find the updates are more to fix what they messed up with the last update and not really that quick either in moving onto the next OS when it is out, don't we all also hate having updates every few weeks requiring phone restarts etc etc then finding something else now broken with said update. Just take a look around the official oneplus3 issue log with each "update" release. Hardware specific but hopefully with Android 7.1 we will have seemingless updates being performed in the background but dear knows how long this will take to add to non-Nexus/Pixel phones.

My sincere apologies; I misread what you were asking for.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      2. Spotify Family Premium share721
      3. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      4. word association Game74044543

See more discussions