Groups

Which is better Iphone 2G vs 3G

Well i've looked at the prices for both,

I did have a 3G before, but im started to think is it worth it?
    I don't really use 3G, or the GPS as i've got a tomtom..

So which is better? Do the apps work on both?

Some advice would be helpful! =]

9 Comments

depends how much your acessing the web, 3G is obviously faster, if you watch youtube vids on the go, this doesnt work with 2G at all unless conected to a wifi network.

Do they even still sell the 2G ones?

3g because it has a better CPU (which games will take avantage of like PS2 EMULATOR WORKS on 3g NOT 2G) and has other better features :thumbsup:

MinstrelMan;6112089

depends how much your acessing the web, 3G is obviously faster, if you … depends how much your acessing the web, 3G is obviously faster, if you watch youtube vids on the go, this doesnt work with 2G at all unless conected to a wifi network.Do they even still sell the 2G ones?

You can pick up cheap 2G ones on eBay. Im thinking of getting a 2G one the only differences are the speed and the 2G has no GPS. All of the apps work in the same way and will function the same as they would on a 3G. Dont know why they call them 2G TBH because theyre actually EDGE which means their 2.5G

gorskino10;6112127

3g because it has a better CPU (which games will take avantage of like … 3g because it has a better CPU (which games will take avantage of like PS2 EMULATOR WORKS on 3g NOT 2G) and has other better features :thumbsup:

Not true the 3GS has a better CPU and more RAM than the 3G and the 2G

Blocparty12;6112128

All of the apps work in the same way and will function the same as they … All of the apps work in the same way and will function the same as they would on a 3G.

except youtube, as already stated.

gorskino10;6112127

3g because it has a better CPU (which games will take avantage of like … 3g because it has a better CPU (which games will take avantage of like PS2 EMULATOR WORKS on 3g NOT 2G) and has other better features :thumbsup:

Not true.

The only upgrade between 2G to 3G is New outer case, and 3G Connectivity.

It makes me lol sometimes when people say 3G > 3GS upgrade isn't worth it when there are at least 5+ different things upgraded between them.
    Blocparty12;6112139

Not true the 3GS has a better CPU and more RAM than the 3G and the 2G

+1
    MinstrelMan;6112180

except youtube, as already stated.

+1

if your going for 3gs, the voice recognision is v. handy while driving.

Original Poster

well i was going to use it on orange, so i dont think ill be browsing the web that much, but seriously youtube doesn't work?
    im sure it does?..

if your not attached to a wifi network youtube will not work over Edge, however it will work over 3G
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions