Groups

Which is the best 'big telly' for cash?

Ive never spent a lot of cash on a TV before so before I jump in and blow it I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the TVs shown in HUKD and any that arent.

I was originally going to go for this one, but after a member said which gave them a big thumbs down maybe I should change it or ask advice.
    hotukdeals.com/ite…-h/

Theres also this one
    ebuyer.com/sea…356

and theres about 20 more. Basically Im looking for one around the 700 mark, a semi decent make, 1080p, 42"-47" and umm, not sure what else which is why Im asking. It will have a Wii and a PC plugged into it along with an NTL box, probably be upgrading that as well if we can afford it ... seeing as we have some old Pace thing thats around 7 years old.

Spending £700 on a tv is major for me so please try to refrain from 'you need to spend a grand' and such, maybe could go another 50-100 ... but thats max and I cant really afford to.

9 Comments

Pioneer Kuro

Kuro

Pioneer

Kuro Pioneer

Neerpio Ruko

Reeniop Roku

kamy187;1761468

Pioneer Kuro

For £700? - where?

LG for £500 42 inch, sumwer in the deals ting,few days old,, sorry jst passionate bout kuros

What about Panasonic Viera TH42PX80B, £899 at John Lewis but attempting to get a price match with Empire Direct at the mo, if it works should be £749 with a 5 year warranty

Original Poster

dealtaker;1761751

What about Panasonic Viera TH42PX80B, £899 at John Lewis but attempting … What about Panasonic Viera TH42PX80B, £899 at John Lewis but attempting to get a price match with Empire Direct at the mo, if it works should be £749 with a 5 year warranty

That sounds very tempting, can you post some details here please. I like the 5 year warranty, especially if it covers accidental damage.

If you get your local John Lewis to price match a local Empire Direct, they have it instore for £749 as well on online. The John Lewis price will include 5 year breakdown at no charge, however there is no accidental damage cover. Currys and Comet sell these warranties with accidental for around £300. Best just claim on household if it falls off the wall!

empiredirect.co.uk/con…htm

I would suggest a (panasonic) plasma over a lcd because

a) a bit cheaper (get a larger size), therefore can get a decent brand

b) MUCH better quality when watching tv

c) lcd's are over hyped, the only good ones are sony and samsung (not coincidently made in the same factory)

d) some of the drawbacks of plasma as lcd owners would say are just not true. On a new Panny to get this image burn you need to display the same image for over 15 hours!

kamy187;1761486

LG for £500 42 inch, sumwer in the deals ting,few days old,, sorry jst … LG for £500 42 inch, sumwer in the deals ting,few days old,, sorry jst passionate bout kuros

But not very passionate about using the english language correctly! :whistling:

It's your lucky day:

]http//ww…907

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word survey1013
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1627
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2663
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions