which is the best place to buy an internal hard disk ?

Found 20th Jan
I am looking for new internal hard disks 2.5 because I need to replace several at home (ps3, laptop, ...) and i am wondering where they offer best customer service and longer warranty.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Amazon is we’re I buy. warranty depends on the manufacturer but remember warranty don’t back up your files so make sure you have a good backup in place.
I would if your pocket allows it to go SSD.
Blunt literal answer as question doesn't indicate budget or preference for HDD / SSD / SSHD: WD Black models for 5 years warranty and legendary customer services when "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" (none of that Amazon marketplace or fulfilled nonsense). Random current examples: 1TB WD Black with 5 years warranty will deprive you of best part of £62, whereas a 1TB WD Blue is £45 but only two years warranty. Your choice if the extra 40% cost is worthwhile.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…OC/
amazon.co.uk/gp/…JQ/
Original Poster
Thank you. I know data is not cover, I am more worried about how to claim the warranty of the product if it failed.

I would like to try an ssd/sshd but i need to sacrifice a lot of capacity that i need.
About the warranty on Amazon, How is it work ? the seller must say on the description or there is a standard time?

Are Currys or ebuyer reliable places to buy ?
Pokora39 m ago

Thank you. I know data is not cover, I am more worried about how to claim …Thank you. I know data is not cover, I am more worried about how to claim the warranty of the product if it failed.I would like to try an ssd/sshd but i need to sacrifice a lot of capacity that i need. About the warranty on Amazon, How is it work ? the seller must say on the description or there is a standard time?Are Currys or ebuyer reliable places to buy ?

The terms warranties / guarantees are liberally but incorrectly interchanged, but to severely generalise: the first 12m "cover" is provided by the merchant (where the merchant may simply attempt to defer its obligations to the manufacturer) and the remaining cover period is provided by the manufacturer, who may or may not have a base in UK. If you purchase from a merchant who may not be recognised by the manufactuer (say an obscure Amazon marketplace seller), it may be difficult to enforce a manufacturer warranty, especially if the manufacturer has no base in UK.
Ebuyer has (or had) a reputation for implementing a colourful refund policy pro-rata to the time remaining on the warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants